Neist Point, Skye

Strangely enough I am leaning towards the 2nd. That light and the composition work for me. Shadows could be opened up a tiny bit more, but it is very close.

1st one maybe needs the right bit chopped off? And then a little more exposure on the rock... It's definitely not a bad image just doesn't grab my attention as it should.

P.S. White borders do absolutely nothing. If it is a darker image it is much better off on black but personally on printed images should get mounts.

I love the second Neil and the first is rather good

I am by far no expert but I am in-between so it`s both shots, really lovely comp on them both.

Love both, and they confirm Neist point as a definite location for my trip next month

I really like both but the first should probably have a bit more impact with the ingredients it has - maybe a closer crop would give it a bit extra

I really like both but the first should probably have a bit more impact with the ingredients it has - maybe a closer crop would give it a bit extra

Cheers, I'm not sure what you mean exactly by more impact...it looks pretty good as a wide image on a big screen, perhaps posting on a forum doesn't do it justice.

Cheers, I'm not sure what you mean exactly by more impact...it looks pretty good as a wide image on a big screen, perhaps posting on a forum doesn't do it justice.

That could be it...some pictures need to be viewed big and this is probably one of those. The more I look the more I like it

That could be it...some pictures need to be viewed big and this is probably one of those. The more I look the more I like it

Most likely the case. Too many fine details get lost in the tiny thumbnail here. It should be 24"x40" to do it justice.

I love that first shot. For me, I think if you cropped it on the right, it would lose something and the darker cliff might be overbearing. You have captured the atmosphere of the vastness of the sea, the ruggedness of the coastline and the almost insignificance of the lighthouse, and all in lovely light!

Lovely Neil :)

Thanks Dave
I love that first shot. For me, I think if you cropped it on the right, it would lose something and the darker cliff might be overbearing. You have captured the atmosphere of the vastness of the sea, the ruggedness of the coastline and the almost insignificance of the lighthouse, and all in lovely light!

Thanks, appreciate the comment.

2nd is a beauty mate, I remember Mark LJ's mono from there and him saying its quite a tricky spot to get to?

Cheers mate...yes, nervy indeed.....first shot was taken from the lower terrace which is essentially a steep incline with embedded boulders leading to a cliff edge with a 100ft fall to the rocks below....not recommended in wet weather for sure.......one false move could be fatal.
Second image taken from the left viewpoint from the first image with a longer lens...again one false move........

2nd for me too - great shot !

Thanks Justin.

Last edited:
Glorious light there Neil. I do like the second one and a different perspective of the imposing rock and lighthouse.
I have one from slightly further to the right and agree, its a bit tricky and not recommended if its windy.

I love both, two very different comps but each of them work so well.

Back