Critique Neist Point - Sunset and Golden hour

Nice light Steve, #1 is the best of 'em, but also love the tones in 4.

Reactions: ST4
The first and last one are wonderful fella, both contrasting with each other, the warmth of the first and the coolness of the last. Not so keen on the 2nd with the large rock on the LHS it intrudes too much imo. The seascapes are nice but although well composed and good colour I dont think they're as good as the lighthouse shots

Spectacular light Steve! Just love the colours beautiful! Trying very hard to split 1 and 2 but like them both very much I think if I were pushed it would be 2 by a hair. No 3 great as I have a fetish for sun bursts! 4 has fantastic pastel colours in the water and the cloud is lovely. 5 last light just brushing the cliff tops, then all those lovely blues.
Great shots really nice to see the whole range from setting sun to dusk(y)

3&4 do it for me really like the shades of colour in the clouds. 5 looks tranquil very Zen.

I can't make up my mind fully, but it's either 1 or 2 for me with that fantastic sidelight and rich tones.

The only thing I can say is that I don't like the fact the top of the rock clips the horizon, but I have seen other shots of is location where the same happens, so I presume you can get the elevation to get the tip under the horizon.

I can't make up my mind fully, but it's either 1 or 2 for me with that fantastic sidelight and rich tones.

The only thing I can say is that I don't like the fact the top of the rock clips the horizon, but I have seen other shots of is location where the same happens, so I presume you can get the elevation to get the tip under the horizon.

IIRC this was the highest point you could take this shot, pretty much, maybe a little higher but think the point sticks up higher than the cliff level. I was with @daugirdas and he ventured lower. Perhaps taking a long lens and go futher back to emphasise the form of the rock face may help.

Cracking set Steve agree with most on comments, first 2 for me.

IIRC this was the highest point you could take this shot, pretty much, maybe a little higher but think the point sticks up higher than the cliff level. I was with @daugirdas and he ventured lower. Perhaps taking a long lens and go futher back to emphasise the form of the rock face may help.
Ah I didn't realise you went at the same time :) makes sense! Oh well, it's a tiny crit, just an out loud think more than anything!

Back