Neowise in South Snowdonia

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Rory,

In my opinion you have captured the comet really well but I find the foregrounds a bit distracting. In No 3, for example, a sloping horizon is still a sloping horizon even in the middle of the night! I did a hell of a lot of PP on mine (much of it pretty random) to get the result I was happy with, even if it isn't to everyone's taste.

It seemed to me that as the night wore on the comet appeared to get closer to the horizon - due to the rotation of the earth. Did you get that impression?

I'd love to see a three-dimensional model of the solar system showing how the comet interacted with the sun and the planets. My brain isn't big enough to imagine all that was going on.

I like no. 3 the best.
Good composition. Not bothered about the horizon.

Very nice set- and the wonky horizon is a 1 min fix in Photoshop :)

Les

My fave is #2. everything is just lined up and the symbolism of it all is like: a gateway to the other side.

Many thanks for the comments
I have had a look at the wonky horizon issue. Unfortunately if I correct it the ridges of the houses then tilt. I am afraid that’s how it is. It was great to see and nice to be out in the middle of the night..... especially in an ancient graveyard with only a labradoodle to protect me

Back