Neowise over barley

Edit My Images
No
Due to work and family commitments I hadn’t had chance to take a look at Neowise until last night and to be honest I was quite impressed with what I assumed would be an overhyped object. As a result I hadn’t really anticipated taking the camera so nipped back quick so I could take this rather rushed shot. Luckily I had some camera settings in mind so at least had half a chance (although rather annoyingly I neglected the “500 rule” hence a degree of star trailing).
I’d be quite interested in some feedback on the post processing. I’ve done a reasonable amount of planetary imaging as well as some DSO’s but seemed to really struggle with this more wide field image (I’m painfully aware I could have helped myself by getting it closer to finished in camera).
Thanks for looking. James

Neowise over barley by James, on Flickr

Don't worry about the stars trailing I love it.

I'm amazed you only needed ISO1000. I took some last night at ISO6400 and after putting them through Topz DeNoise AI I'm pretty happy with them.

With the ambient light it looks as though you took it around the same time as mine too, around 23:45?

Cracking image.

Thanks, yes it was pretty much the same time from the sound of it. The iso was only 1000 but it was a 25 second exposure.
Thanks again. James :)

No worries, hijack away that’s an absolute cracker. It certainly shows high iso needn’t be a problem. :)

Back