Nesting images

Name
Mr Compatible Ink
Edit My Images
No
Having acquired a large format printer, i am curious as to what system you guys use for nesting images prior to printing, to save paper.

My printer does not support nesting, so i assume i will have to do it in Photoshop.

Any help much appreciated.

If, by "nesting" you mean "squeeze images of different sizes onto one piece of paper", I use the Lightroom Print Module > Layout Style > Custom Package. Just make sure all the images you want to add are in a collection for ease of management.

Set up your paper size 1st, then drag & drop onto the page. It's beautifully easy.

There’s also a program called Q1 image which allows you to layout prints. I don’t have a large format printer so have only tried it with A4.

If, by "nesting" you mean "squeeze images of different sizes onto one piece of paper", I use the Lightroom Print Module > Layout Style > Custom Package. Just make sure all the images you want to add are in a collection for ease of management.

Set up your paper size 1st, then drag & drop onto the page. It's beautifully easy.

I'll give that a try cheers.

There’s also a program called Q1 image which allows you to layout prints. I don’t have a large format printer so have only tried it with A4.

I will have a look thanks.

An alternative approach would be to use a page layout program, which would allow for extremely precise sizing options both of the page itself and of inserted picture boxes. Export to print could be as colour-managed pdf with the images embedded.

Highly accurate, easy to do, and quick.

But of course you need a suitable app, and you wouldn't buy one specially. Though there's Scribus ( free, open-source: https://www.scribus.net/ ) but I haven't tried it so I don't know what its exact capabilities are, and is Affinity Publisher out of Beta yet?

An alternative approach would be to use a page layout program, which would allow for extremely precise sizing options both of the page itself and of inserted picture boxes. Export to print could be as colour-managed pdf with the images embedded.

Highly accurate, easy to do, and quick.

But of course you need a suitable app, and you wouldn't buy one specially. Though there's Scribus ( free, open-source: https://www.scribus.net/ ) but I haven't tried it so I don't know what its exact capabilities are, and is Affinity Publisher out of Beta yet?

Thanks pal, i will check it out.

Update.

I am now nesting photo's like a pro, many thanks everyone.

Back