Never leave your gear unattended!

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
This Manx Shearwater (cheers Jerry) seemed to take a liking to me as I walked along a path, following me as I walked along. I put my main rig down to use my back up for a few moments, and this was the result when I got back!

View attachment 106633

I'm left eye dominant hence the mess all over the rear screen - us baldies need sun cream to stop the bright red head effect!

Mike

Last edited:

Two things to always remember:

1. Carry a small size sign saying "this is no landing place!"
  2. birds can't read! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wacky:

:LOL: well, what was s/he thinking....... perhaps the neoprene cover was nice and warm for a rest?

I've always felt that Canon 1D cameras have more uses than just taking pictures. :D

Hopefully the bird didn't leave a parting gift, lightening the load during its rest. From the text description I was half expecting that in the pic....

Err....manx shearwater, surely....?

Actually, I'll have that. I was told it was a juvie BBG and as it was the middle of the day and not being an expert on these things I took it at face value. Had a look at the Manx on google images and I'd say you're right - every days a school day :eggface::ty:,

cheers

Mike

Actually, I'll have that. I was told it was a juvie BBG and as it was the middle of the day and not being an expert on these things I took it at face value. Had a look at the Manx on google images and I'd say you're right - every days a school day :eggface::ty:,

cheers

Mike

it is very odd as they are nocturnal......

Not to mention the fact that it's sitting on your camera!!!!

.....But whoever id'd it for you....?:eek:

Last edited:
it is very odd as they are nocturnal......

Whilst on Skomer I saw one out in the open during the day. The volunteer I was with picked it up and put in the vegation by the side of the path. He said it seems if they get lost during the night and can't find their burrow they seem to try staying out in the open during the day rather than find cover. Sitting out in the open is the worse possible survival idea for a Manx Shearwater! Kind of explains one of the reasons why there are so many bodies littering the island (the other being there are 600,000 of them on Skomer).

How did you get a Manx to stay still? Did you drug it or is it your aftershave? Very jealous.

Back