New collaspable background/my mum being the model

Name
michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone
I brought a new collaspable background from lastolite and yesterday managed to have a practice using it with my mother being my model bless her.

I used 3 lights, main light in a beauty dish, background light, and a hair light with a blue gel and a grid.
Both the main light and background light was metered for aperture of 6.7 shutter speed was 90 iso 100, with the green background i changed the gel to a yellow gel.

All comments are more than welcome

Thanks Mickey

1/
IMG_2062 by steptoe1972, on Flickr

2/
IMG_2064 by steptoe1972, on Flickr

3/
IMG_2048 by steptoe1972, on Flickr

4/
IMG_2060 by steptoe1972, on Flickr

5/
IMG_2043 by steptoe1972, on Flickr

6/
IMG_2097 by steptoe1972, on Flickr

I think #4 and #5 work the best, the lighting looks better to me.

They look to have been shot outside, probably the coat, so the model, background and lighting have worked well together.

They just look a little cool, this seems to show more on #6.

I think #4 and #5 work the best, the lighting looks better to me.

They look to have been shot outside, probably the coat, so the model, background and lighting have worked well together.

They just look a little cool, this seems to show more on #6.
Thanks for commenting and I completely agree that they look a little on the cool side this is something I always struggle with and notice after I've posted lol
Thanks again Mickey

Hi Micheal
Would agree with Marks comments. 5 working best for me. I have not used more than one light before and like the look of the hairlight. Are these all speedlights ? Did you make the grid ?

Gaz

Backgrounds work well was looking at the Autumn Foliage/Seascape ones for myself.

Hi Micheal
Would agree with Marks comments. 5 working best for me. I have not used more than one light before and like the look of the hairlight. Are these all speedlights ? Did you make the grid ?

Gaz
Thanks for commenting
The main light is a atom 360 by lencarta with a kacey beauty dish with grid

The background light is a little yn500 with the diffuser pulled out

The hair light is a yn568 with a cheap gel place on it then a rogue grid placed on top a little tricky but works a treat.

I used a sekonic 308 light meter to meter the main light and background light

Hope this helps

Thanks Mickey

All triggered with yn622c's and a yn622c-tx I've a separate controller for the atom that I just place in my pocket

Backgrounds work well was looking at the Autumn Foliage/Seascape ones for myself.
Thanks for commenting
Yeah that's next for me, they are nice to work with just a little tricky to fold away

Thanks again Mickey

Great info.Thanks very much. I have a few speedlights may try a selfie later and add a second light to my hair. Oops my mistake I don't have much hair but mybe could wear a hat to see some light hitting the brim :)

Gaz

Great info.Thanks very much. I have a few speedlights may try a selfie later and add a second light to my hair. Oops my mistake I don't have much hair but mybe could wear a hat to see some light hitting the brim :)

Gaz
Lol yeah I've the same problem with lack of hair

Back