(New) Droplet collisions, with an external flash

Wow! ... Ash these latest ones really are stunning (y) Clone tool etc is very good, but You need to stop it happening if poss? can you not get the background further away to stop the splashback? ...

Thanks Splog! Yeh, I'll have a go seeing what distance I can have it away, while it still reflects onto the water from the flash, tomorrow night (y) If not... probably should be wiping it more, that one RJL kindly editted was near the end of my photo-taking night...

Absolutely fantastic Ash, its been great to see you progress with these, and its made me more determined to have another go once I get some tubing.
I really like the one you cloned and look forward to seeing even more now.
You must enter one in this months photo comp too as its themed high speed photography ;)

Love this one, hope you don't mind but just gave it a 'quick & dirty' pimp.

4248032939_da42ff9f4e.jpg

These are very good indeed, if not a little bit on the dark side.
May I suggest replacing the green reflector with a white one as all the images are darker on the right hand side. Also it would give an overall better light.

Allan

Thanks! Yeh, my next technique will be finding some perspex and placing the flash behind, see if that, rather than reflecting, make's it brighter :)

The one's in this thread are (in order): yellow reflector, blue reflector, pink, and then white (paper). There were some green one's in my other thread, which indeed I agree are too dark. That was with the inbuilt flash also :)

Absolutely fantastic Ash, its been great to see you progress with these, and its made me more determined to have another go once I get some tubing.
I really like the one you cloned and look forward to seeing even more now.
You must enter one in this months photo comp too as its themed high speed photography

Thanks so much Angi :) I will pop over to that bit tomorrow and have a lookysee, ta!

That's cool, I like :) What are you using?

I still quite like my red/white version though :p :LOL:

[I]Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelPaul

That's cool, I like What are you using?

I still quite like my red/white version though
[/I]

I used PS3, colourized it, and added some blur around the edges. Dig your original too!

Last edited:
great stuff mate, as said above you just keep improving!

Thanks Robbo!

very good work Ash, you have them down to a tee:clap:
Try some coloured gels, you can put them in the water, sometimes even with a bit of tin foil, that gets some nice colours in you sprouts. Makes me want to have a go.....:bonk:

Thank you :) Yeh, diffuser, gels, and perspex glass is next order of business me thinks! If I can tear my self away from Six Feet Under. Darn flatmates bought a box set... 5 hours tonight! :LOL::bonk:

Back