New Epson SC Series Printers

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know anything about the new Epson SC printers? I'm looking at the SC-P600 and I'd be a bit peed off if Epson replaced it with a newer version in the near future.

"Epson will be demonstrating the new range of SureColor P Series photo and fine art printers at this year's Photography Show. "

I have had an Epson SC-P600 for 2 years now. I would not worry about new models. It is difficult to see how you could improve on most printers at this level. I previously used the R2800 for 8 years and that was also excellent. The P600 uses the same ink so, not surprisingly produces similar quality. The P600 does have WiFi which I have found to be convenient and the ink tanks are much larger than the R2800. Several at my Camera Club members use the P600 and are also very pleased with the results. The only improvement I can see for the future is increasing the gamut which is around Adobe RGB for this printer but it will be hard to see differences given most are satisfied with sRGB.

Dave

I wouldn't worry about it. I bought a refurbished P400 last year after using a Stylus Photo 1200 for 15 years. Looking at prints from both side-by-side, it's hard to see any difference whatsoever!

The big differences with the P400 are it's relatively quiet and operates over wifi.

Ive got the 800 and all I can say is wow wow wow!
The prints that come out are amazing.

Back