New Forest misty sunrise from early August

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Not had a chance to upload much of late on here, but have been out shooting a good few times!

Here is a misty morning in the New Forest at the beginning of the month for the start of the flowering heather (Bell, in this case).

Hallickshole Hill
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

STU_5835-HDR.jpg

New Forest Bell Heather
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

Sloden Inclosure
by Stu Meech, on Flickr

STU_5865-2.jpg

Those magic moments as the mist starts to burn off open moorland................:)
1 - a bit too much mist. The colour is a bit lost
2 - The colour in the sky and the way the light is touching the left side of the tree is lovely
3 - I love this one. The layer of mist gives good seperation between the background the the glorious colour in the heather but the line of the path links the image together
4 - love the way the light through the mist and trees seperates the right from the left and brings out the sharp detail in the foliage. Simple but very effective
5 - Not so keen on this one. There's no real subject and the light isn't really effective

Gorgeous set.
I don't find the first too misty...the mist was there, and you recorded it. Lovely.
I also find the final image particularly nice.
I do think the sun rays are effective, and the track is a great lead in.
Second to last also greatly appeals to me.

Magical set! Absolutely love 4, can't say why it is just so appealing and has captured well the environment, it brings me the same feeling as when I walk in the woods!

Lovely set Stu
I would have been tempted to lighten the first more but thats up to you.

Those magic moments as the mist starts to burn off open moorland................:)
1 - a bit too much mist. The colour is a bit lost
2 - The colour in the sky and the way the light is touching the left side of the tree is lovely
3 - I love this one. The layer of mist gives good seperation between the background the the glorious colour in the heather but the line of the path links the image together
4 - love the way the light through the mist and trees seperates the right from the left and brings out the sharp detail in the foliage. Simple but very effective
5 - Not so keen on this one. There's no real subject and the light isn't really effective
Thanks for your detailed comments, Jan. There wasn't really much colour in 1, and could only work with what I had. 5 I think could be better if there was more mist & light beams. I can always go back!

Gorgeous set.
I don't find the first too misty...the mist was there, and you recorded it. Lovely.
I also find the final image particularly nice.
I do think the sun rays are effective, and the track is a great lead in.
Second to last also greatly appeals to me.
Thanks, Ruth.

Just to be contrary...I love the last especially, with the winding path leading you through the shot, beautiful dappled light and the rays through the trees as the icing. The others are lovely too :)
Thanks, Emma. I think 5 is a bit of a marmite shot :)

Magical set! Absolutely love 4, can't say why it is just so appealing and has captured well the environment, it brings me the same feeling as when I walk in the woods!
I think 4 has been well appreciated on all the social medias I have posted it too. Not sure why either, but I like it alot!

Lovely set Stu
I would have been tempted to lighten the first more but thats up to you.
Thanks, Alf. I did try lightening it a bit but it lost the colour in the sky.

#4 is perfect.
Thanks, David.

great collection and number one looks very natural to me.
Thanks, Rooban.

I love misty mornings, lovely set of photos and good luck with your new web site.
Thanks, Shirley.

Lovely set of images Stu, liking them all very much for different reasons, but if I had to choose a fav' then it would be #4.(y)

George.

Nice set Stu. No.4 is my choice as its lovely light onto the trees. No.5 I think you could crop off the bottom and left side with just the one tree as I don't see the benefit really. Again lovely light though and looks a morning to relish. That's my 5p worth :)

Last edited:
Very Nice Stu!(y)
Love marmite;) #5 great dappled light hitting the ferns, rays of light and lead in(y)
No4 also a cracker, well spotted and shot.
No3 lovely colour and mist....
No2 golden light burning off the mist, nice light hitting the trunk.
No1 bit cool for me

They are all very well done, whilst the mist adds a lot of atmosphere for you, it is clear you have made the most out of the morning with varied types of shots.

Beautiful set. I think you can get more out of number 1 in terms of contrast and colour but 2, 3 and 4 are superb as usual. Number 5 might work as a letterbox crop as the bottom part isn't doing much - I think you found the shot with the close up of the beams hitting the trees in 4. Great stuff though, especially number 3 for me

Lovely set of images Stu, liking them all very much for different reasons, but if I had to choose a fav' then it would be #4.(y)

George.
Cheers, George.

Nice set Stu. No.4 is my choice as its lovely light onto the trees. No.5 I think you could crop off the bottom and left side with just the one tree as I don't see the benefit really. Again lovely light though and looks a morning to relish. That's my 5p worth :)
Yes it was a great morning! 4 does seem to be a real favourite.

Nice set. I think the first has potential with some sensitive brightness and contrast adjustments.
Thanks, I shall look into 1 at some point as a couple of people have mentioned the same things. I don't want to push it too much though and loose the delicate feel the mist gives.

Very Nice Stu!(y)
Love marmite;) #5 great dappled light hitting the ferns, rays of light and lead in(y)
No4 also a cracker, well spotted and shot.
No3 lovely colour and mist....
No2 golden light burning off the mist, nice light hitting the trunk.
No1 bit cool for me
Thanks mate for your good feedback as ever!

They are all very well done, whilst the mist adds a lot of atmosphere for you, it is clear you have made the most out of the morning with varied types of shots.
Thanks, Craig.

Number 3 is the pick of the bunch for me, just lovely light, and the right amount of mist.
Thanks, Martin. I think 3 is my favourite too as it's almost unusual and different - better for it!

Great set of pictures, for me number one is the pick of the bunch
Cheers, Martin.

all excellent Stu, if I was pushed to pick a favourite it would probably be the 4th.
Thanks, Neil. More love for 4!

Amazing set - photo 3 gets my vote for best!
Thanks, Chris.

Beautiful set. I think you can get more out of number 1 in terms of contrast and colour but 2, 3 and 4 are superb as usual. Number 5 might work as a letterbox crop as the bottom part isn't doing much - I think you found the shot with the close up of the beams hitting the trees in 4. Great stuff though, especially number 3 for me
Thanks for the detailed feedback! 3 and 4 really sum up the morning for me, with the two seperate locations nearby each other. 5 could be better but I can always go back for better light beams.

Great set!

4 and 5 really work for me and that's not to take anything away from the others. So much so I might pm you RE:location :)

Back