New Forest Wildlife Park... the wolves

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Had my first trip to the New Forest Wildlife Park back in July and had a great time. Teamed with Marwell it mkes for a very full day out!

Particularly enjoyed watching the wolves - they were very timid over approaching their dinner and kept looking to the sky for threats. Anyway - C&C always welcome.

DSC_9412 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9399 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9386 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9383 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9375 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

DSC_9364 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

#6 is my pick. Great sharpness and details,
tonally speaking the better rendered.

Lovely set Fi.
I don't seem to have any luck with wolves, no matter where I am. :(

You did really well! I only visited last month after seeing your previous thread from there and thought the Wolves were particularly tricky, what with the fence and tree cover; you seem to have eliminated the shadow I expect were in for most of the shots:)

#6 is my pick. Great sharpness and details,
tonally speaking the better rendered.

Thank you - that would be my pick as well.

Lovely set Fi.
I don't seem to have any luck with wolves, no matter where I am. :(

Thanks Viv - they can be tricky can't they... sloping about in the shadows usually.

Fab set, love #1 & #3

Thank you :)

You did really well! I only visited last month after seeing your previous thread from there and thought the Wolves were particularly tricky, what with the fence and tree cover; you seem to have eliminated the shadow I expect were in for most of the shots:)

Thanks @nickEnackEnoo ! How did you enjoy your visit? We stood there for ages watching the wolves and were rewarded eventually as they came down near the front where there was a bit of light. They had a reason to though:

DSC_9409 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

How did you enjoy your visit? We stood there for ages watching the wolves and were rewarded eventually as they came down near the front where there was a bit of light. They had a reason to though:
I'd go again, put it that way :)

Lovely photos - I live just down the road from there and have an annual pass, so I'm there quite a lot and usually to be found by the wolves - they really are a characterful bunch. :)

Beautiful shots, but a lot of them have some very odd 'shimmering' bokeh going on! Did you have a UV filter on?

Nice set Fi, I do like a wolf.

Do you know what happened to the pack @ Whipsnade ? I see they have a Moose in the old wolf area now.

Yes, now you mention it the 'shimmer' is just the right shape for that :)

I'm normally down there once a week - definitely the wire fence, as I have the same in almost all my wolf pics from there. Those particular fences are indeed a pain to make disappear completely, particularly when the sun is bright, which annoyingly is one of the only times you'll get good pics of the wolves as their enclosure is very heavily sheltered by trees and can be a very dark place indeed even when the weather is nice.

Beautiful shots, but a lot of them have some very odd 'shimmering' bokeh going on! Did you have a UV filter on?

Shot through Mesh I would imagine....

Nice set Fi, I do like a wolf.

Do you know what happened to the pack @ Whipsnade ? I see they have a Moose in the old wolf area now.

You're all quite right - it is the mesh causing the weirdness. Tbh there was not much I could do about it.

Mark - the last of the wolves (3 or 4 of them) at Whipsnade were all euthanised at the same time earlier this year. Essentially it was a very very old group and this was deemed kinder than letting them go one by one. Which I tend to agree with. There was rumours of some of the (plentiful) wild dogs at London moving over to Whipsnade but I don't think that is going to happen personally.

Cracking set Fi, Great detial in #1!

There was rumours of some of the (plentiful) wild dogs at London moving over to Whipsnade but I don't think that is going to happen personally.
I heard that too, I was was there Fri ( just gone) and the paddock is still empty.
So God knows, but it seems a shame to let such a large paddock go to waste, especially as its high fenced and ideally situated for wolves / hunting dogs etc.

Back