New Lens play around

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Big fan of #6

You got rid of the siggy 150-500mm? Other than a longer reach, is there anything different with this one bud? - the ladybird shot is just the sort of image I want to get (though my pockets are empty) - you're going to get some kick ass macros with an extension tube :D and you'll be able to do it from your front garden out to the woods behind you with that reach!! lol

Chromatic abs look to be a minimum, if any. If this is what its producing without any PP, the PP'd version are going to look pretty spanking !

Crit on the images themselves, the highlights look a bit blown, so theres some detail lost on the feathers (only the 1st image) - everything else looks good otherwise (composition) in all of those.

What the speed on the AF like? :D

You got rid of the siggy 150-500mm?

Indeed I did... and so far I'm glad this lens feels better in the hand to me. Plus siggy went a long way into paying for it.

you're going to get some kick ass macros with an extension tube

Well I'm hoping I won't need any for butterflies but we will see ;)

What the speed on the AF like?

Something I was impressed by the focus was fast on my 500d anyway compared to the Sigma. It didnt struggle to keep up with ducks swimming towards me BIF might be another issue though ;)

Just had a look at the price - I like lens shopping until I've clicked on the buy button. Then I look for a strong drink to calm my nerves :beer: - look forward to seeing you shoot with this bugger! The hairs stood on the back of my neck when I read the weight of it - 2.9KGs - fookin hell Bryn - you'll have one arm like popeye :naughty:

Glad you took the plunge into the 15-600mm world its a heavy old lens isn't it :p

The images look slightly over exposed to me to be honest, the joy of shooting in bright sunlight I guss

Keep at it - look forward to seeing some more shots BIF I have yet to try with the Tamron, I'm on a day off tomorrow so I may well have a go then

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Back