Yes
2 new species of monkey are now viewable at Yorkshire Wildlife Park:

Roloway (native Ghana) - the only pair in UK:
_59I7562.jpg

_59I7585.jpg

Red Howler (native Venezuela):
_59I7611.jpg

_59I7620.jpg

In addition, but visible only at a couple of hundred yards distance in the new extension (rumoured to be open this Summer) are:
_59I6831.jpg

Any ID?

Russ

#1 ... master & trainee :LOL:

Good set Russ.

They've certainly adapted the Okapi enclosure, missed them on my last visit but I'm sure I read there is only 70 in total world wide. Looking forward to seeing them all soon.

(y)

Gelada Baboon
- Many thanks for ID Ingrid - I look forward to seeing them closer in due course :)
#1 ... master & trainee :LOL: Good set Russ.
- Cheers Roger - they are (hopefully) a breeding pair - watch this space! :)
They've certainly adapted the Okapi enclosure, missed them on my last visit but I'm sure I read there is only 70 in total world wide. Looking forward to seeing them all soon. (y)
- Yes, a big change there Foggy, and the Red Howlers are next to the Anteaters. I'm wondering if these newcomers will eventually be moved into the new extension when it opens? :)

Russ

Many thanks for ID Ingrid - I look forward to seeing them closer in due course :)

Sorry for the short reply, had to leave quick
Seems YWP is going into primates now, 3 new species this year
It really is getting better each time I check
Nice to see the animals out and about so soon, and some good pics of them.
Have you spotted the Hyenas yet ?

Sorry for the short reply, had to leave quick
Seems YWP is going into primates now, 3 new species this year
It really is getting better each time I check
Nice to see the animals out and about so soon, and some good pics of them.
Have you spotted the Hyenas yet ?
- Hi Ingrid, I forgot to mention that they also have some Saki monkeys, but i haven't caught sight of them yet!. And yes I've seen the Hyenas a distance, but will have to wait until the new extension is open to get a decent piccie! :)

Russ

Nice set Russ- I feel you are being drawn away from Birding ( I do hope not) :LOL:

Les

couldn't resist a quick 2 min edit :) Just for fun

ASBATvO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice set Russ- I feel you are being drawn away from Birding ( I do hope not) :LOL: Les. couldn't resist a quick 2 min edit :) Just for fun
- Cheers Les - I've got an eye condition that doesn't respond well to cold / windy weather, so I'm practicing my new camera/lens combo at YWP which is just around the corner from home - I'll be back on the birdies soon!!!
- I like your edit (y) - these beautiful rare primates are endemic to Ghana, so your edit is more in keeping that a zoo environment. :)

Russ

- Cheers Les - I've got an eye condition that doesn't respond well to cold / windy weather, so I'm practicing my new camera/lens combo at YWP which is just around the corner from home - I'll be back on the birdies soon!!!
- I like your edit (y) - these beautiful rare primates are endemic to Ghana, so your edit is more in keeping that a zoo environment. :)

Russ

Oh that's a shame mate- hope it improves :)

I have a new camera lens combo too Sony a7Riv and the Sony 200-600mm - shame its so muggy down here I can't get
out and give it a proper test

Les :)

...Oh that's a shame mate- hope it improves :)
- Cheers Les - I'll soon be on the mend!
...I have a new camera lens combo too Sony a7Riv and the Sony 200-600mm
- I'm a Canon man still, Les - can't see me changing anytime in near future!

Russ

Back