New Old Film Challenge #116 - Happy Accidents - Poll Added

Voting time is here! Pick your favourite three photos.

• dmb - Fossil Double Exposure

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • simon ess - Strange zoomy thing

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Peter B - Ghosts in the machine

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • FishyFish - Driving Hazard

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • niko - Wind blurred flowers

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • BADGER.BRAD - Shell Island double-exposed boats

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mr Badger - Cadbury's Flake flowers

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • RaglanSurf - Yellow fish

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
For this theme, I want to see your happy accidents. Photographs where something went wrong, but it still ended up alright. Maybe the result of a lo-fi or damaged camera, some old or bad film, a camera fault, developing issues, or just good ol' cock-ups on the part of the photographer. Photographs where, despite any (or all) of these problems, you unexpectedly got something you really liked.

Light leaks, film damage, blur, accidental multiple-exposures etc. etc. are all welcome here. :)

As usual the following rules apply.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person

Entries will close at noon on Sunday 20th October and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

Entries only in this thread. Discussion in the new composite discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/

Last edited:
Accidental double exposure when I first started using my film cameras inherited from my dad. Cosmic 35m Kodak Colourplus 200 sunny 16. Taken on a camping trip on Shell Island North Wales.I can tell it's from The Cosmic 35m as it always rubs the film at the top ( I have never worked out why !)

ACCIDENT.jpg

Last edited:
Last minute entry.

I entered this in the FPOTY competition. Portra 400 VC but with the accidental addition of a yellow filter. In my own defence I was so used to shooting Tri-X at the time and nearly always shot with a yellow filter attached so seeing everything with a yellow tint through the viewfinder was nothing unusual.

Taken at the The Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria in Barcelona, Nikon FG, 50mm F1.4 lens complete with the unintentional addition of a Y2 yellow filter on Kodak Portra 400 VC.

FPOTY January 2017-1
by Nick Watson, on Flickr

I was very surprised when I first searched through this for voting. Where was my entry? I remembered finding one, and exporting it onto my computer... and it turns out, that's where it stayed! Sorry about that folks. For fun I'm adding it here, clearly wouldn't have troubled the voters much at all. This was from an entire roll shot on my Werra 1 focused at the minimum setting, during a visit to the Acropolis in 1970, at the end of my 4 months working in Sofia.

CB70E19a Blurred Acropolis.jpg

Kodak Plus X

Last edited:
Well done David. (y) Now choose wisely! ;)

I've had a idea tucked away for just such an unlikely eventuality occasioned by finding an ancient much scratched negative of mine in an old tin from my parent's house. It might as my dear father would have said have the potential to cause a flutter in the dovecote in certain quarters,

@dmb well done, yours really was a happy accident, it certainly got one of my votes.

Old flames, now there’s an interesting theme. Time to get the box of Truprint films out from under the bed.

Back