New permission - new birds

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I have permission to photograph birds etc ona large private fishing lake ( carp I believe) so up gpoes my pop up hide and away I go for an hour or two this morning

here's a few of what I saw & managed to photograph- I shall be using this site from now one an amazing place - I have over 100 images yet to PP - maybe tomorrow:)

1. Graylag Goose
DSC09651 Geylag Goose by Les Moxon, on Flickr

2. Cormorant just surfaced
DSC09636 Cormorant by Les Moxon, on Flickr

3. Cormorant - spotting me in my hide :)
DSC09635 Cormorant by Les Moxon, on Flickr

4. Marsh Harrier ( large crop) a first for me
DSC09576 Marsh Harrier by Les Moxon, on Flickr

5. Great Crested Grebe ( my personal fave in this set)
DSC09555 Great Crested Grebe by Les Moxon, on Flickr

6. LongTailed Tit
DSC09548 LLT by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to look & comments appreciated

Les :)<

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice and lucky you :)

PS I tried to gain access to a private fishery but even offering to become a member met with a refusal. I was quite deflated that they could not see some mutual benefit to my occasional/monthly visits around the lakes. I will have to review the email comms and perhaps see if it worthwhile asking again???

Last edited:
grand couple of hours Les not bad for first time ;)

Marsh Harrier isn't bad :)

Thank you Roger- He did stay quite a distance from where I was :(

Very nice and lucky you :)

PS I tried to gain access to a private fishery but even offering to become a member met with a refusal. I was quite deflated that they could not see some mutual benefit to my occasional/monthly visits around the lakes. I will have to review the email comms and perhaps see if it worthwhile asking again???

Thank you- Yes always have to ask again, I got this on my 2nd time of asking, a promise of images for the fishery web site sealed the deal so to speak :)

Nice to get a new birding spot, mate - especially when there's a chance to see Marsh Harriers :)

Russ

I don't often see Marsh Harrier, the end of the fishery is remote enough and no fishing pegs, so undisturbed if you like?

Great pics. Which lens are you using for these?

Cheers

I used my Sony a7Riii and a Sony 200-600mm lens - thanks for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated :)]

Nice set always nice to find somewhere different even better to get permission interesting times ahead

Thank you & lets hope so, time will tell :)

grand couple of hours Les not bad for first time ;)

Thank you Bob, nice of you to take the time to comment :)

Some good stuff Les.(y)
I like the LTT who cannot be bothered with you :)

I only had a quick glimpse of him and he refused to look or turn in my directiion :0

Les :)

Excellent shots as usual Les.
Well done on getting your new location....

Thank you Bob - I cannot wait to spend a full morning there, I'm sure it has potential, Now, where's me pop up hide :)

Les

Back