New printer to replace Canon Pixma MG6450

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I printed a small document on my printer, followed 5 mins later with a second document, and got the following error message, error 1403 incorrect print head installed, please install correct print head,
To cut a long story short, after trying all sorts of resets, it seems that the print head has failed and it requires a new print head, not cost effective so it will be scrapped.

QUESTION:
has any one tried to buy a printer in these times of lockdown, I look on various magazine websites etc for a decent printer, But every printer I try to buy on line comes up out of stock, it must be all the people working from home, I have tried to buy about 8 printers including canon TS 705, Epson 8600, all listed as out of stock.
Has any one got a recommendation for a decent multi ink cartridge printer, current models, I can try to trace and buy, I am running out of options. I don’t normally buy something like this online, but needs must. Mainly used for photos, with a little bit of work stuff thrown in. But definitely print more photos than documents.
Trying to keep cost around £100- £130.00, but would now go a bit more just to get hold of something.

Last edited:
In march I bought a Canon TS 8250 from John Lewis but as you say there appears that be no stock of printers anywhere???

However on Canon's own Webshop they list the TS 8350 though without clicking add to basket it is unclear what delivery times are like...... but perhaps quicker than waiting for a UK store to get some in?

Here is the link
https://store.canon.co.uk/canon-pixma-ts8350-multifunctional-inkjet-printer-black/3775C008/?nav=printers-faxes,homeprinters

HTH :)

PS and purely FWIW at the £89 I paid it is an excellent printer and for prints too. Yes, it seems to be thirsty like all inkjet printers but for letters and other documents we still use our mono laser that is still (so far) working as required ~ I switched to compatible toner carts which yield about 1500 pages at approx £10 per toner cartridge :)

Last edited:
I also have the TS8250, and so far it's been great. Hope you can sort one, we got this one just before lockdown...

Back