New Tamron 11-18mm Lens

S

Steve

TAMRON INTRODUCES SP AF11-18MM F/4.5-5.6 Di-II LD ASPHERICAL (IF)

A NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE ZOOM LENS DESIGNED FOR EXCLUSIVE USE WITH DIGITAL (APS-C) SLR CAMERAS COVERING THE ULTRA WIDEANGLE RANGE

Apparently available from Spring this year..more info and the full press release available here

Thanks for the link, Steve. I assume that the Di-II lenses will fit any Canon APS-C camera, not just the 300D/20D with the EF-S mount? I'm a little surprised that this new lens doesn't go any longer than 18mm - little or no overlap with the next standard range up which usually starts at around 17 or 18mm.

Yes from what I have read it is totally compatible with normal (not EF-S) Canon mounts which will open up ultra wide to 10D owners not just the likes of 300D/20D. Obviously Sigma has a lens close to this range but competition and choice is always good. The range although short is probably due to Tamron also bringing out a 18-200mm MACRO Di lens at the same time as this wide angle. If you where to buy both obviously there will be no overlap and you would be able to cover from 10mm right through to 200mm with good quality and only two lenses.

More info on the 18-200mm Macro lens can be found here

You trying to bankrupt me????

It's a little slow at only f4.5-5.6, but if priced agressivley it could be a must have for 10D owners.

I suppose if you want a lens that wide you're looking at landscapes anyway so depth is less necessary.

GSVJase said:
You trying to bankrupt me????

I only provide the information.. how tightly closed you can keep your wallet is your business :mrgreen: If you do decide to buy this lens though, I expect a full review :LOL:

Back