New Year at Seaford & Saltdean

Nice set Andrew

The first looks potentially really interesting, but the colours seem odd - sea & sky too green and oranges super-saturated.

Second has a nice strong graphic element with those stakes and netting and the colours are lovely, but they deserve a plainer background.

Third is nice, but I'd probably lose a bit of the grass and sky to bring more attention to the naturally panoramic nature of the cliff and houses.

The first looks potentially really interesting, but the colours seem odd - sea & sky too green and oranges super-saturated.

Second has a nice strong graphic element with those stakes and netting and the colours are lovely, but they deserve a plainer background.

Third is nice, but I'd probably lose a bit of the grass and sky to bring more attention to the naturally panoramic nature of the cliff and houses.

Thanks for the critique. The colours are not at all natural in #1, I was just trying to make it a bit more colourful and interesting. I knew it wouldn't be to a lot of peoples taste.

In #2 I was trying to use the use the stakes to frame the Seven Sisters but it didn't really work. I agree a plainer background would be better.

I completely agree that #3 could do with a crop as per your suggestion.

The cottages shot is a classic, though a teeny bit oversaturated for my taste.

Lovely set. I particularly like no.1. I like wind turbines, and even in a still shot I think they look graceful

Back