New York After Dark...

Name
Jason Brown
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot these back in September during an uncharacteristically warm week...

15430058726_317cca087d_o.jpg

15557003231_94fbfa5f4d_o.jpg

15399607296_61c9127155_o.jpg

Love the colour in them, all nice shots, first one stands out a fav for me, crit wise can't really fault them :)

Those are great photos but the first one is truly outstanding. If that was on display, it would make me stop and have a good look.

Sorry but I find your big copyright symbol distracting enough that I can't really separate it from the image.
Trust me - it's a necessary evil these days. I used to work for a travel company and I can assure you that the travel industry thrives on stealing images like this. I always remember being shocked by the MD of the company informing me that 'the travel industry couldn't function without stealing photography' - I promptly left...

These are all awesome!

I was up at Top Of The Rock in September too - you did really well to muscle past the crowds to get that shot, it's a stunner. I've got a few similar and just kept wishing the lower observation deck wasn't protruding so much - kinda makes it hard to get a good composition.

Well done surviving the heat/humidity too! :)

Really like these Jason, wonderful colours in all of them but the first is exhibition stuff (shame about the 'hoomans' !!)

These are all awesome!

I was up at Top Of The Rock in September too - you did really well to muscle past the crowds to get that shot, it's a stunner. I've got a few similar and just kept wishing the lower observation deck wasn't protruding so much - kinda makes it hard to get a good composition.

Well done surviving the heat/humidity too! :)
I was blisteringly hot, wasn't it! I still remember the New Yorkers themselves struggling to grasp just how uncharacteristically hot it was.

I think I was lucky with the position I had on the Top of the Rock. We arrived at about 6pm and basically just camped in the same spot for the next three hours. Personally I found the Rock a lot better for photography than the Empire State Building - really wasn't impressed by the whole 'experience' up there!

Last edited:
Really like these Jason, wonderful colours in all of them but the first is exhibition stuff (shame about the 'hoomans' !!)
See I actually quite liked the way that the observation deck kinda sneaks into the frame on the right hand side - I think it adds something to the shot. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder and all that. Thanks for the comments, though - appreciated :)

I was blisteringly hot, wasn't it! I still remember the New Yorkers themselves struggling to grasp just how uncharacteristically hot it was.

I think I was lucky with the position I had on the Top of the Rock. We arrived at about 6pm and basically just camped in the same spot for the next three hours. Personally I found the Rock a lot better for photography than the Empire State Building - really wasn't impressed by the whole 'experience' up there!

That makes sense - we got there around 8-ish and it was heaving! To the point where you could hardly move!

Yeah we went up the Empire State Building too and the whole experience definitely wasn't as slick. The mesh fencing came in handy for attaching the gorillapod though :)

The first shot is very nice Jason.(y)

George.

Why do you use the under exposure bias rather than just alter the settings(ap/shut,ISO) to your advantage?

I love number 1 & 3, so tempted to go NY.

It is a shame you can see the people to the right of image 1 but I no that can't be avoided, lovely set.

Amazing shots!!

First one is stunning - love the vibrancy and clarity of it. Really nice trip of images overall. I agree that your logo seems a bit OTT, but each to their own!

Blown away by them all. The Hooomans don't bother me at all.They are enjoying the view that we too are enjoying :)

Gaz

These are very nice indeed, though I do find the other people in the first one a bit intrusive. But if it's not possible to get a shot without them, then I'd rather see them than have them cloned out.

Stunning! The colours in shot 3 is incredible.

What camera was used?

I think all 3 shots are fantastic, although I agree the watermark is a little intrusive on the first, but I understand the need for this.

Really makes me wanna book a flight to NYC

Very nice set
I hope to capture something half as good next April

Does that watermark follow you round I hope I do not see it

Very nice set
I hope to capture something half as good next April

Does that watermark follow you round I hope I do not see it
lol - I'm sure you'll be fine, Alf. To be fair, I simply stuck a '©' symbol onto the front of my lens so every shot was automatically watermarked :)

Back