New York Duotone...

Name
Jason Brown
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a selection of shots I took in New York back in September 2014. Enjoy!

newyork001.jpg

newyork002.jpg

newyork003.jpg

newyork004.jpg

newyork005.jpg

newyork006.jpg

newyork007.jpg

newyork008.jpg

Cracking set of images, lovely B&W conversion on these :) No.1 is the best to me, love the composition in the shot with the buildings and the foreground being perfectly symmetrical, overall a very well thought about/framed set if shots, nice work (y)

Lovely set. Happily hang a few of those on my wall.

You have no idea how happy I am so see so many photos consistently edited!

Really nice set. Somewhere I would love to go someday. Ironically though, my lad has a school trip to NYC next year for his photography GCSE.

Would love to know your approach for the conversion?
Inspiration for the post processing actually came from Anton Corbijn who's portrait work I adore. My aim was to the copy the style of his work in Lightroom as I felt it would work really well with these type of images. I'll let others judge whether I was right...

Last edited:
Damn, they're some beautiful images. Number 1 is amazing! I'm still yet to return to NYC, hoping to go some point in 2016.

Great shots

God damn it! They are cracking images, love the processing on all of them.

Got to disagree. The boom light & traffic add to it imho. Move fwd of the light and you lose the cars and it becomes just another look up at the flat iron.
I totally agree. For me, NYC is all about the hustle and bustle of the traffic - it really is a city that never sleeps. To remove this all important aspect of the city would be to create a sterile impression.

Brilliant shots, number 3 is my favourite. NYC is a place I would love to visit and your images just make me want to more.

Thanks for sharing

Back