New York...

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully, this isn't too cliche.

Just to set the scene, we landed in New York on Monday 11pm ... Tues morning saw a glorious sunshine behind the Empire State view from our hotel room. This was soon blanketed by a fog. A fog that became snowfall. The snow didn't stop all day. Temps of minus 15c and the wind blowing the falling snow into your face so that you couldn't see. By the end of the day at least 12inch had fell.

On the weds, the snow had stopped yet with constant temps of around -7 to -15c the snow that had fell, stayed. The temps that we faced were so cold that the hypersensitivity in the left side of my face and neck, due to my bike accident, caused me to be in excruciating pain. Still, I grabbed my camera on the weds night (I had been taking photos throughout but this particular image is one of my favourite) and headed towards Times Square.

The best thing is, New York didn't stop. Here in the uk, we'd have been well and truly shafted.

1044209_10202239978054217_1289839423_n.jpg

Oh it's probably worth mentioning, I was there on my honeymoon...

Well Lee first things first, congrats on the wedding hope you both have a happy life together. The shot does indeed look terribly cold and heard about the weather on the news. Well done for getting out there what with the pain from the cold, watch things on the edge of the frame when shooting, bottom left clone out the persons are, should't be to difficult. The yellow of the cabs contrasts well with the blue tones in the shot.

thanks for your feedback, I had noticed the arm and was supposed to get rid, but in a rush to get done, completely forgot about it... heres the photo minus the arm :)

12179584554_36a5c63e5b.jpg

Back