New Zealand south island April 06

Edit My Images
No
Hello there:
This was my first venture into "proper" photography with my new Olympus E500. Your opinions and guidance would be value!

showgallery.php

Welcome! I can't remember if you're our first Kiwi? :thinking:

Three nice shots there. I really like the mono shot. It's just a little bit let down by the processing halos along the skyline on the right side, but it's a cracking shot and well worth spending some time on processing.

I love New Zealand south island! I was just there in Feb 06. :D

Thanks for your constructive responses. The mono shot was my first attempt at converting from an otherwise dull colour. It was (as with the others) taken in RAW and then changed in Elements 4, with the original obviously still intact.
I am not a Kiwi, but Welsh and we'd travelled out for the first time to visit family.

I am not a Kiwi, but Welsh and we'd travelled out for the first time to visit family
... and to confuse us further you have an Irish sig? ("tir na nog" is Gaelic)
Paul ;)

Actually, "tir na nOg" is Celtic generally for "land of youth". Recognised in Welsh and Irish mythology.

Thanks, Allan, and glad to hear of the Scots name.
I have now added another shot of Milford Sound, this time picking out two canoists with layer mask in Elements 4. This is the first time I have tried this and it seems to have worked o.k.

Back