Critique Newborn Shoot - 2nd Attempt

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
Had the chance to shoot my second newborn shoot at the weekend (actually the little lady was 3 months old, so it made it a challenge getting her to sleep :) though it did mean I managed to get some nice eye contact this time.

Did it free for a work colleague in order to get my experience and confidence built up. I felt it went really well compare to my first efforts which I posted here
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/my-first-ever-newborn-session.688715/#post-8323966

Still lots to improve on so any thoughts or critique greatly appreciated.

DSCF9423 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9430 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9393 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9552 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9454 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9384 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9569 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

DSCF9440 by Phil Carver, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Personally, I have no experience to give any constructive criticism but the images themselves look great to me.
Very sharp detail, nicely staged and set up - I really like them all, and No3 is a great shot - looks like a boxer!

Thanks for your comments Ian. Yeah I thought she was squaring up to me taking this pic haha.
Personally, I have no experience to give any constructive criticism but the images themselves look great to me.
Very sharp detail, nicely staged and set up - I really like them all, and No3 is a great shot - looks like a boxer!

Thanks for your feedback Mike. I've quite like the shadows as it sculpts the baby's face. Prefer it to the flat brightly lit stuff I've done in the past [emoji16]

I never said that the lighting needs to be flat, less dense shadows would also define shape and more importantly contain detail

Mike

I never said that the lighting needs to be flat, less dense shadows would also define shape and more importantly contain detail

Mike

Well on both my monitor and TV (which I often use to view) the shadows do contain complete detail and are definitely not blocked etc.

Just my opinion...
Number 5 is the best for lighting.....

It's not the best pose but the lighting is even.....

I think photos are great, my fav is number 3, feels like its a little bit of personality in the photo.

very nice set, not too over edited which is great. good posing. Maybe a few a further distance away for variation perhaps

Back