Critique Newcastle at night...........again.....

#2 is an absolute belter Nick! Taken from the High Level Bridge? Must get up there one night after work.

Cheers,

Simon.

Love the vibrancy of #2 but has something happened to the bridge....the arch doesn't look right? Is it the perspective or something else....? :thinking:

#2 is an absolute belter Nick! Taken from the High Level Bridge? Must get up there one night after work.

Cheers,

Simon.

Yeah from up on the high level, nice viewpoint really, can see a lot from there!!

Love the vibrancy of #2 but has something happened to the bridge....the arch doesn't look right? Is it the perspective or something else....? :thinking:

Yeah its stretched a little bit upwards and has distorted it a bit, hopefully it doesn't ruin it too much :)

I like #2, but find #1 too bright. Lovely shots.

Cheers :)

I like both mate. #1 actually more so than #2.

I think the first one was taken way back in august/september last year and it was from my first trip out on a night time to the quayside when i got my dslr!

Hi, "Excellent Shots" I really must take a trip back there some time.(y)

Love no 2 - really enjoyed my evening up there a month or so ago.

never get tired of seeing my home town, one day I will have time for photos when I visit, sorry I have no critique to offer though :p

I've got to say Nick both of the are absolute crackers :clap: you should be very pleased with both of these, there is so much going on in both of them that is a pleasure to just explore the scene looking around them..

Brilliant, love them. Nice and bright and very colourful. I've never tried anything like this. Would you mind giving me some guidance on exposure/filters etc.

Cheers

John

Brilliant, love them. Nice and bright and very colourful. I've never tried anything like this. Would you mind giving me some guidance on exposure/filters etc.

Cheers

John

Hiya mate

You'll not need any filters if its at night time, i'd recommend trying with the following settings and then adjusting the exposure time if neccessary

Aperture : f11
ISO : as low as it will go
Shutter speed : 60 seconds
Tripod and remote release.

If its too dark try upping to 90 seconds, if its too bright try reducing to 45.

just a rough guideline but i find that a lot of my night time shots are around these settings :)

Nick

Hi Nick,
Many thanks for that ! Next time i'm back in my hometown i'll give it a go !!

Cheers

John

Back