Newhaven Harbour

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
A quick sprint down to Newhaven Harbour. Should have slowed down as I ended up leaving the tripod in the wife's car. Only managed a few sharp enough shots as a result but a nice evening to be out. I used a Lee ND in all the shots and it is very neutral. It is the only filter used on the last shot and no major colour adjustments needed. The other two had a magenta cast as a result of the addition of a Hitech ND filter. I sort of like the effect but it isn't that easy to shift. I tried to get neutralise it in the second shot and left as is in the first.

Newhaven Harbour by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Last edited:

The second take for me this morning…
with 2 sesame bagels and coffee please!

Hi Simon
I noticed you allow edit my image , I like the image but felt it would benefit form a letterbox format , I have removed the cloud top right hand side and on this occasion felt there is to much foreground , Just my opinion other will disagree
Thanks
Allen

Hi Simon
I noticed you allow edit my image , I like the image but felt it would benefit form a letterbox format , I have removed the cloud top right hand side and on this occasion felt there is to much foreground , Just my opinion other will disagree
Thanks
Allen

I like the lead in created by the waves myself.

The second shot is a cracker.(y)

I have to say I think the first is the best - and just as it is. For my money the foreground is an essential component and helps make a stronger composition of it, the deepening shadow towards the bottom particularly helping here. In comparison I find the second image overly romantic I'm afraid.

Colours a little far gone but the composition in the second one is very tasty.

Back