Newly restored chuffer

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
The newly restored BR Standard 4 80097 today on it's first passenger hauled service since the mid 1960s. Working Rawtenstall to Heywood on the East Lancs Railway.

1. On the yellow flag at Townsend Fold

3. At Bury

wontolla

Misery Guts Monica
Name
I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent set Dave, if only I didn't have this damn chest infection!
Great to seethe old girl up and running!

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Thanks chaps

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
A nice set of images Dave, interesting to see that they're still being waved through Townsend Fold crossing on the Yellow Flag, the Black 5 44871 that I took on 1st Jan was being waved through on yellow

Name
Jeremy Moore
Edit My Images
No
Especially in b&w that really has the feel of steam in the 1960's - although perhaps the engine is a bit too clean for that!

Maybe one of the heritage railways should genuinely re-create the feel of the 60's by covering the exterior of the engines with grime!

i note that a shed plate is missing from the boiler door. Me a nerd......never?

OP
OP
-Oy-
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
A nice set of images Dave, interesting to see that they're still being waved through Townsend Fold crossing on the Yellow Flag, the Black 5 44871 that I took on 1st Jan was being waved through on yellow
Ta :)

According to the signalman it’ll be a while yet before things are fixed.

Especially in b&w that really has the feel of steam in the 1960's - although perhaps the engine is a bit too clean for that!

Maybe one of the heritage railways should genuinely re-create the feel of the 60's by covering the exterior of the engines with grime!

i note that a shed plate is missing from the boiler door. Me a nerd......never?
Cheers :)

Guessing the shed plate will be in place as well as logo and lining for the steam gala in March.

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
The newly restored BR Standard 4 80097 today on it's first passenger hauled service since the mid 1960s. Working Rawtenstall to Heywood on the East Lancs Railway.

1. On the yellow flag at Townsend Fold
for me this one is powerful, Dave
i would lose the roof part and the old chimney and let the old gal take over the shot..and that grey handrailing
cheers
geof

Last edited: