Newly restored chuffer

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
The newly restored BR Standard 4 80097 today on it's first passenger hauled service since the mid 1960s. Working Rawtenstall to Heywood on the East Lancs Railway.

1. On the yellow flag at Townsend Fold
i-bfJXVvv.jpg

i-5G992WQ.jpg

3. At Bury
i-ZfNS9TX.jpg

i-PLL6wGF.jpg

i-mwPH3HH.jpg

Excellent set Dave, if only I didn't have this damn chest infection!
Great to seethe old girl up and running!

A good set , I think No 4 is the best. It could be from 2019 or 1950s

Thanks chaps

A nice set of images Dave, interesting to see that they're still being waved through Townsend Fold crossing on the Yellow Flag, the Black 5 44871 that I took on 1st Jan was being waved through on yellow

Especially in b&w that really has the feel of steam in the 1960's - although perhaps the engine is a bit too clean for that!

Maybe one of the heritage railways should genuinely re-create the feel of the 60's by covering the exterior of the engines with grime!

i note that a shed plate is missing from the boiler door. Me a nerd......never?

A nice set of images Dave, interesting to see that they're still being waved through Townsend Fold crossing on the Yellow Flag, the Black 5 44871 that I took on 1st Jan was being waved through on yellow

Ta :)

According to the signalman it’ll be a while yet before things are fixed.

Especially in b&w that really has the feel of steam in the 1960's - although perhaps the engine is a bit too clean for that!

Maybe one of the heritage railways should genuinely re-create the feel of the 60's by covering the exterior of the engines with grime!

Cheers :)

Guessing the shed plate will be in place as well as logo and lining for the steam gala in March.

The newly restored BR Standard 4 80097 today on it's first passenger hauled service since the mid 1960s. Working Rawtenstall to Heywood on the East Lancs Railway.

1. On the yellow flag at Townsend Fold
i-bfJXVvv.jpg

for me this one is powerful, Dave
i would lose the roof part and the old chimney and let the old gal take over the shot..and that grey handrailing
cheers
geof

Last edited:
Excellent set, very good quality, really enjoyed viewing these. Agree with Geof's points.

Great central with a 9f and Llangollen railway with a Manor have done some weathering in the past. agree with you that to re create the past some grime is needed. Nice set of shots

Back