*news* Sigma APO 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
From 300mm telephoto to 800mm ultra-telephoto this new lens provides a constant fast maximum aperture and is optimized for digital SLR cameras.

 New multi layer coating minimizes flare and ghost.
 Two Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass elements produce excellent image quality.
 The Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) provides quiet, high-speed and precise auto-focusing and full time manual focus override.
 Accepts both 1.4X and 2X APO EX Tele-Converters (produces an ultra-telephoto zoom lens of 1600mm!)

300800m.jpg

Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new APO 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM lens.

This digitally optimized lens covers the ultra-telephoto range up to 800mm and has a fast maximum aperture. Its new lens coating reduces flare and ghost, which is a common problem with digital cameras. It incorporates two ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass elements for effective compensation of chromatic aberrations and also ensure sharp, quality images.

Since focusing and zooming do not change its overall length, this lens offers ease of handling and operation. The HSM ensures a quiet, high-speed AF function as well as full-time manual focusing capability for Sigma, Canon, and Nikon mount lenses. A 46mm filter can be inserted near the rear of the lens, and a circular polarizing filter can be used in situ. When this lens is used with the 1.4x EX or 2x EX Apo Tele Converters (optional), it becomes a 420-1120mmF8 MF lens or a 600-1600mm F11 MF lens respectively.

THE SPECIFICATIONS
Focal Length :300-800mm
Minimum Aperture :F32
Lens Construction :18 Elements in 16 Groups
Angle of View :8.2°- 3.1°
Number of Diaphragm Blades :9pcs
Minimum Focusing Distance :600cm(236.2”)
Maximum Magnification :1:6.9
Filter Size :46mm (drop-in type)
Lens Hood :Bayonet Hood
Dimensions :Diameter 156.5mm (6.1”) x Length 544mm (21.4”)
Weight :5880gr/207.4oz
Fittings :confused:igma, Canon and Nikon-D
SRP :£4999.99

 The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.

For further information please contact:

Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd
13 Little Mundells
Welwyn Garden City
Herts
AL7 1EW

Website www.sigma-imaging-uk.com

I tried one of these at the Focus on Imaging show and focus speed was very slow.
£5k is also Canon 400mm L IS F2.8 territory

This lens is available for £3999 from any respecting photo retailer.

I have the none zoom version, and if the above lens focus's as fast as mine on a 10D I would be very happy.

The results I've seen from this lens are very good, especially as it has a 500mm zoom range.
This lens is going to be popular with a lot of bird photographers.

Back