Newspaper emails (sports)

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone tel me of any changes or additions to this list or does it look correct ?

Daily Express Sports
sportpix@express.co.uk

Daily Mail Sport
sport@dailymail.co.uk

Daily Mirror Picture Desk
picturedesk@mirror.co.uk

Daily Star News, Features and Sport
pictures@dailystar.co.uk

Daily Telegraph Picture Desk
photo@telegraph.co.uk

Guardian Sports Desk
sport@guardian.co.uk

Metro Picture Desk
pictures@ukmetro.co.uk

Sun Picture Desk
pictures@the-sun.co.uk

Sunday Express and Sunday Star Sports Pictures
sundaysportpix@express.co.uk

Telegraph Sport
dtsport@telegraph.co.uk

Times Picture Desk
pictures@thetimes.co.uk

Those all look correct from the most recent list that I have. Although I have to admit I haven't sent much to most in the last year or so. Up north of the border the only one I ever seem to get much joy out of for pro sports is the Scottish Sun.

Although I did used to know the guy at the Guardian desk which helped out massively for a couple of years.

Last edited:
yeagh checked elsewhere seems to be OK ... I do lower league football so only the sun use anything national.... however something may happen of interest one day so best to know list up to date.. made it years ago :)

ta

Slightly off topic but this seems like a good thread to ask the question in. When you are sending a picture(s) to a number of outlets, do you simply bcc them all in the same email? Secondly do you write much in the body of the email or simply state there are images attached for the consideration (I am assuming all the details are contained in the metadata of the file)

Many thanks in advance as always.

Slightly off topic but this seems like a good thread to ask the question in. When you are sending a picture(s) to a number of outlets, do you simply bcc them all in the same email?

yes one email to everyone or you would eb there all day :)

Secondly do you write much in the body of the email or simply state there are images attached for the consideration (I am assuming all the details are contained in the metadata of the file)

All the details such as where pic taken, who is in the pic and what is happening... plus all the photogrpahers contact details plus bank codes for auto payment are in the meta iptc fields ... however a couple of papers like to have info in the email so I just add it anyay.. just copy the main part of the caption with the event details in..

PS I don't speak for everyone and certainly dont offer anything i post as fact.. but this is how I do it and most others i know and we get published so it works... others may have a different and maybe better way.. i dunno :)

yes one email to everyone or you would eb there all day :)

All the details such as where pic taken, who is in the pic and what is happening... plus all the photogrpahers contact details plus bank codes for auto payment are in the meta iptc fields ... however a couple of papers like to have info in the email so I just add it anyay.. just copy the main part of the caption with the event details in..

PS I don't speak for everyone and certainly dont offer anything i post as fact.. but this is how I do it and most others i know and we get published so it works... others may have a different and maybe better way.. i dunno :)

Thanks so much for the reply, that's very helpful.

There isnt a set rate between papers... like 4x5 inch pic isn't paid at X rate by everyone....it varies

to be honest the paper i get published in most is the Sun because theres only really them that do league two.. and there doesnt seem to be any set rule on how they pay.. you get one price one week and another next month... all a bit wierd...

Back