Nextbase Dashcam

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
My daughter bought me a Nextbase dashcam for christmas but im having problems. I have put in a Nextbase hardwire kit to my aircon and an earth but i dont get any power lights etc on the cam. I then plugged in the lighter cable supplied instead of the hardwire kit but still nothing. I have now brought it inside to charge it up using my iphone plug and the supplied usb cable, its been on charge nearly 2hrs now and still no lights to show its charging and wont power on. Anything else i need to try before returning it and fetting a replacement. Should there be a light to show its charging etc.

Plugging in the lighter kit should have worked.
Looks like you got a duffer.

Nothing from it at all. The light on the lighter kit shows ok but nothing from the cam itself. Tried usb to my pc, plugged into a socket and into the hardwire kit as well as the lighter socket but nothing at all.

Nothing from it at all. The light on the lighter kit shows ok but nothing from the cam itself. Tried usb to my pc, plugged into a socket and into the hardwire kit as well as the lighter socket but nothing at all.
The battery in mines is goosed, but comes on as soon as I plug it in to the lighter socket.

New dashcam powered on and set up within seconds.

You’ll have another problem soon,assuming you’ve it fixed next the interior mirror as most people do. It will fall off. I asked on here how to stop it as I’d tried double-sided Gorrilla tape but that failed too. Some one on here did suggest a sticky tape that worked for them and I lost the bit of paper I wrote the name on..So, if you are reading this ..what was it,again..?. I’d be most appreciative :)

Is there a way of recalling that thread.? Imthink I called it ‘Dashcam problem‘ It wasn’t long ago..a couple of months,maybe.

Might be 3M double sided pads. Clean both surfaces with meths and let them dry completely before sticking the things together.

Might be 3M double sided pads. Clean both surfaces with meths and let them dry completely before sticking the things together.

Oh..Brilliant Yes,that's them (y)...Thanks.

I don't recall the advice re meths so I'll give the windscreen glass a good wipe with it. I got the dashcam for my wife last christmas and it's spent more time off the screen than on and you can bet your bottom dollar, as they say, that something will happen whilst driving. It's a pity there is this issue because the footage is excellent. We contacted Nextbase and they sent a fixing unit (suction cup) but that fell off too.

There are a few M3 double-sided pads but this looks like the ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-Mountin...ble-sided+adhesive+pads&qid=1577978644&sr=8-9

I can get the meths from Screwfix..£2.99. I assume it's not what spec cleaners contain ? Eg Specsave.

Oh..Brilliant Yes,that's them (y)...Thanks.

I don't recall the advice re meths so I'll give the windscreen glass a good wipe with it. I got the dashcam for my wife last christmas and it's spent more time off the screen than on and you can bet your bottom dollar, as they say, that something will happen whilst driving. It's a pity there is this issue because the footage is excellent. We contacted Nextbase and they sent a fixing unit (suction cup) but that fell off too.

There are a few M3 double-sided pads but this looks like the ones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-Mountin...ble-sided+adhesive+pads&qid=1577978644&sr=8-9

I can get the meths from Screwfix..£2.99. I assume it's not what spec cleaners contain ? Eg Specsave.
You could use spec cleaner. Anything that removes the film of dirt/grease from the windscreen.

Yup, anything that gets all the oily film off both surfaces will do the job. I use meths since I have a couple of litres left over from my drinking days!!! (OK, camping stove.)

My nextbase came with a replacement for the sucker thing (which fell of regularly) which was fixed by an adhesive pad, it has not fallen off since.

If your suckerpad isn't sticking to windscreen try applying heat to it (hairdryer /heatgun).It maybe concaved and not getting correct vacuum,heat will straighten concaved pad slightly and you will find it works again.
Works for me

It probably doesn't stick to the glass behind the mirror because you're trying to stick it onto the black dots. Try sticking it to the clear area just below.

Back