NickDs TP52 for 2021 - Week 52 - Showcase... Bring on 2022!

nice image, really good close up and plenty of detail.

Thanks!
This is the pseudo macro on the XF70-300, I can see it's going to be a pretty flexible lens.

Great story and very much about being and keeping something alive.

Cheers!
You've got to help out when you can, haven't you?

Nice macro shot, bang on theme, and some interesting facts too!

Thank you!
I had to google to check what I thought I knew. Picked up some white sugar yesterday, just in case, but hopefully the honey didn't do any harm.

Nice close up Nick,
She may well have escaped, it doesn't take long to revive them.

Thanks!
I do hope so!

I was busy reading your description not expecting the literal "sting in the tail". A great shot that tells a story, hopefully it escaped to live another day!!

Cheers!
I had to put that in, just not to look soft! :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully it lived to pollinate another day.

I do hope it was a happy ending and he is alive somewhere. I've tried the sugar dissolved in water trick and my bee just wasn't interested and kept crawling away.

Lovely close up shot.

Nice shot and good on you for helping, I really like the detail on the fur. I tried helping a bee once but it wasn't interested :confused: I guess he couldn't bee-bothered...sorry :ROFLMAO:

I do hope it was a happy ending and he is alive somewhere. I've tried the sugar dissolved in water trick and my bee just wasn't interested and kept crawling away.
Lovely close up shot.
Well rescued.. I hope he/she survived. Nice shot too.
Let’s hope it made it nice image for the theme
Well done for keeping one of our precious bees alive. Great close up shot too with loads of detail.
Nice shot and good on you for helping, I really like the detail on the fur. I tried helping a bee once but it wasn't interested :confused: I guess he couldn't bee-bothered...sorry :ROFLMAO:
I hope it survived, super close up and we need the bees so much, well done on taking the time to revive it.

Thank you Folks!
In the interests of peace of mind I'm telling myself that everything worked out ok for our pollinating little friend!

Week 13 - Easter

I know it seems a bit quick off the mark, but it's a shot I'd been intending to grab anyway, as another little lockdown curio.
Given it's the holidays we've been walking daily and I noticed this earlier in the week, but had a long lens on at the time. After today's draw, it was out with the trusty 18-55 and off for our lunchtime constitutional. I do have a houseful of enough colourfully wrapped chocolate to give a herd of Elephants diabetes, so that was always an option, but this is much more my kind of picture.

Is It Safe To Come Out Yet? by Nick, on Flickr

Well spotted, and well done for going back with the right lens.

Quirky! Well spotted. What was it made of and do you have any shots from the front? I’ve never seen a giant egg.

I am going to struggle with this theme. No chocolate in the house, yet. Might have to paint some eggs [emoji848]

Well spotted, and well done for going back with the right lens.

Thanks.... It is hard to miss, and on a regular circuit. Given it's Covid-specific nature I'd earmarked it as a must have shot... just for posterity.

Quirky! Well spotted. What was it made of and do you have any shots from the front? I’ve never seen a giant egg.

I am going to struggle with this theme. No chocolate in the house, yet. Might have to paint some eggs [emoji848]

Cheers!
I didn't take a full head-on shot because of the clutter behind but I took this one too, which gives a more complete view. No idea what's inside but whatever it is is wrapped in pretty heavy duty foil.

Egg.jpg

Excellent shot of the egg the first one that is and a very strange thing to find

I didn't take a full head-on shot because of the clutter behind but I took this one too, which gives a more complete view. No idea what's inside but whatever it is is wrapped in pretty heavy duty foil.

How funny that they even put a mask on it too [emoji23] Thanks for sharing.

Alive
That's a good close up, with the focus in just the right place.
Well done for potentially saving the little fella.

Great shot and something that will stick in your mind probably for many years to come. Wonderfully human. A fitting image for Easter I think.

Yep that was quick off the mark, well spotted and captured.

Excellent shot of the egg the first one that is and a very strange thing to find

Thanks!
It is an oddity, and kudos to the folks who put it on display, it's nice to have these unexpected little things.

How funny that they even put a mask on it too [emoji23] Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!
Glad to share... It's just one of those silly little things you've just got to record for posterity.

Alive
That's a good close up, with the focus in just the right place.
Well done for potentially saving the little fella.

Cheers!
I'm started to wonder if it was actually a dehydration thing. I filled the floor bird bath yesterday and there's around 30 bees around it now, and there has been all day

Great shot and something that will stick in your mind probably for many years to come. Wonderfully human. A fitting image for Easter I think.

Thanks!
It's a dumb thing I guess, but it's one of those quirky little things that I'm always grateful for.

Yep that was quick off the mark, well spotted and captured.

Cheers!
As soon as the title went up, that's what I was going to do in my lunch break... Perfectly timed.

Just to echo what's already been said above Nick, good work.
It's a wonderfully bizarre object but very topical and on theme!

That's quite something to put together. You got a good shot given the surroundings.

A great choice for the theme and so totally topical too ....thanks for sharing :)
Might be quick off the mark but bang on theme, cool shot.
Just to echo what's already been said above Nick, good work.
It's a wonderfully bizarre object but very topical and on theme!
That's just brilliant.
Fantastic to have something like that on your doorstep that you can capture.
I agree, that's the better angle without the houses behind.
That's quite something to put together. You got a good shot given the surroundings.

Thanks!
It's one of those quirky things that's largely unexpected and a gift for a photographer!

Week 14 - Spring

I was kinda stuck for this one to be honest, but out walking with the kids I kept an eye out for anything springy... from my meagre crop, I really liked the way this blossom seems to be reaching out for the light.

Into The Light by Nick, on Flickr

Nice that Nick :)

Great shot Nick, really crisp and sharp, blossom really stands out against the background.

Pete

Spring
Good control of the highlights in bright conditions. Also like the cobwebs.

Nice that Nick :)

Thanks!
I was a bit stuck, but then I figured that pretty much anything outdoors represents spring at the moment.

Great shot Nick, really crisp and sharp, blossom really stands out against the background.
Pete

Thank You!
The light was really nice that day.

Spring
Good control of the highlights in bright conditions. Also like the cobwebs.

Cheers!
I managed the highlights by trying spot metering for a few frames, which also had the advantage of bringing the background down too.

Lovely detail with the cobwebs and lovely spring green.

Thanks!
I think if it wasn't for the cobwebs I'd have gone with a different photograph. As random as the are, they really add something.

Cracking details and the spider threads add additional interest

Week 15 - Snappers Choice.

A little light relief this week. Up at Wrest Park for a walk around the gardens, I shot flowers, Kites, Herons, Pheasants.... But as juvenile as I can be, this was my favourite of the bunch. Tucked away in the woodland is a little family pet graveyard, as seems fairly common with stately homes. I'd have maybe liked a wider shot, but in a confined space, with a wide end of 70mm that wasn't possible.

Unfortunately Named Pet by Nick, on Flickr

I have visions now of Lady Amabel calling Little Dick! :) Interesting that there is no date on it.

I like the viewpoint actually. I think if you'd gone wider Little Dick may have got lost. The depth of field is just right to throw the background oof.

I have visions now of Lady Amabel calling Little Dick!
Or walking round the house saying "where's my favourite Little Dick?" (Did she have ones she was less keen on I wonder?)

Made me smile in a wistful kinda way. I also like the lack of date - makes it timeless.

I'd have maybe liked a wider shot, but in a confined space, with a wide end of 70mm that wasn't possible.

I agree. A wider shot would have also added a sense of scale to the marker to give us an idea of how big it is (or isn't). 70mm at the short end is tricky though - I'll grant you!

This raised a smile - wonder if there was a "big" one too! The soft colours and light on the stone makes for a lovely image.

I have visions now of Lady Amabel calling Little Dick! :) Interesting that there is no date on it.
I like the viewpoint actually. I think if you'd gone wider Little Dick may have got lost. The depth of field is just right to throw the background oof.

Thanks!
Who knows, maybe If I'd had something wider I'd have cropped to this anyway... or maybe not.
Some of the stones did have dates, and some didn't. Some looked original and some looked restored (ie, this one). I just thought it was a cute little curio.

Or walking round the house saying "where's my favourite Little Dick?" (Did she have ones she was less keen on I wonder?)
Made me smile in a wistful kinda way. I also like the lack of date - makes it timeless.
I agree. A wider shot would have also added a sense of scale to the marker to give us an idea of how big it is (or isn't). 70mm at the short end is tricky though - I'll grant you!

Cheers!
A little context might have helped, but it was tricky, I was as far back as I could possible get while maintaining line of sight. I guess the childish humour of the name is the real subject anyway... at least it is in my head.

This raised a smile - wonder if there was a "big" one too! The soft colours and light on the stone makes for a lovely image.

Thanks!
Sadly all the other dogs appeared to have been more sensibly named. The light through the trees was really nice, it really made the most of the scene.

Snappers choice
I agree, a wider shot would have maybe been a better composition, but sometimes you can only work with what you've got.

Back