Nicole

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from a recent shoot with the lovely Nicole. My first time with a model and she was great

26205dx.jpg

34fzfh4.jpg

I've looked at this thread three times. So I'll just throw my thoughts out there and if anyone cries I'll apologise in advance.

1) I get what you've tried to do but it's not really worked. If you really want to portray her as posh maybe you could have shot a full length image of her standing below the sign holding a bunch of shopping bags from designer shops. Or leaning out the window of a Rolls Royce. Instead you've got a composition that I'm not mad on with a bunch of window/door frames offering loads of distractions, all to get a word in. But there's nothing about her that says "posh" for me.

2) This is better. She's pulled off a nice pose and I'm not overly bothered by the fact she's looking OUT of the frame. But I wonder if you could have done more with the graffiti. Having her a long way in front of it might have resulted in some interesting background blur.

I'd be interested to see more from this shoot. If it was your first time with a model it would be nice to see if you came up with any more traditional portraits?

Thanks for the reply Ryan.
To be fair number one was a grab shot when I saw the posh shop sign. I wasn't massively confident instructing her with half a dozen other photographers there doing the same. I cropped the life out of it to take out the shop furniture but I just couldn't get a decent composition out of it.

Number two was more deliberate on my part. I wanted to include the graffiti to give another point for the eye to be drawn to. I have other shots that include a door camera left which makes her look like she's working a brothel in soho. ( something I deliberately went for) but I've only just got my iMac so I'm still editing the photos.

I do take on board the points though, so thanks for commenting!

I'll definitely add some more up once they're done.

Back