Night Heron

Nice against the dark blue Mark and the reflection has worked well :)

certainly a striking image ......... lots of atmosphere, from the bird and around it ... the image fits the title and birds name perfectly

well done, wonderful reflection

Very nice with the reflection and a new one for me to see. Not sure I have seen one posted here in the short time (1 yr) I have started taking an interest in bird photography. So thanks for posting.

Last edited:
I really like that not something I have seen on here before with that type of night shot, I guess this is a hide with reflection pool setup ?

Wow very impressive shot! I saw night herons in Majorca but they were a bit too far to get any decent shots though I do need to add them up here anyway along with the rest of my shots from that trip!

Good looking shot, Mark...all the elements work well together, though I would soften those pale blobs on the water, as they really draw the eye.

Good looking shot, Mark...all the elements work well together, though I would soften those pale blobs on the water, as they really draw the eye.

Same as Mark said, I didn't even notice them until you mentioned it and now they're catching my eye every time I look at the image! Strange how that happens!

Cheers, never noticed them until you mentioned it, will remove later..

Same as Mark said, I didn't even notice them until you mentioned it and now they're catching my eye every time I look at the image! Strange how that happens!

Surely they don't draw the eye then, if people don't notice them? :)

Hi Mark
That works for me mate nicely done. It is one place I will definetly have to go.
Rich
P.s
Really looking forward to Sweden just booked Cuba for the following month to keep Cath happy and let me relax after that drive into the Article circle.

Great shot Mark, love the reflection, just viewed it on flickr it looks even better, the detail is amazing (y) Some great photos on your photostream too.

Hi Mark
That works for me mate nicely done. It is one place I will definetly have to go.
Rich
P.s
Really looking forward to Sweden just booked Cuba for the following month to keep Cath happy and let me relax after that drive into the Article circle.

Will be good seeing you again for Sweden mate. Its going to be a mega trip for sure but a cold one in those mountains all day long. Its getting closer now and will be here before we know it.

Back