Night Time Extravaganza - Location added to first post - Date TBC

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally I believe I've found the perfectly location to bring a Night Time Extravaganza Meet to the West Midlands membership, I've wanted to organise this meet for a long time but have been looking for the perfect location...

Well last week I was able to visit the location and confirm that it will be amazing for this meet...

I'd like to introduce you to the location of this meet..

161/365 (892) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Click on the google logo to go to this map if you want to get directions for the meet

[MAP]maps?q=Moreton+Corbet&hl=en&ll=52.804227,-2.651643&spn=0.003918,0.011689&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.717429,47.878418&oq=moreton+cor&hnear=Moreton+Corbet,+Shropshire,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=18[/MAP]

So for the time being this will be a meet to see who would be interested in attending...obviously no one will be able to 100% commit to the meet until a date is confirmed but if you'd be interested in coming then please to post below..

This meet will be for general light painting including wire wool and if the weather permits then we will look to tag on a star trails guided session to the tail end of the meet..

This will be a fully guided meet so if you've never done light painting before them this will be a great meet for you to dip your toe into the waters of light painting... that said we encourage all members to attend no matter your individual level of experience

And you'll get to do stuff like this

146/365 (877) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Firing up the Kiln by mwhcvt, on Flickr

57/365 (788) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Interested:

Iffacus
Mardybum
JakeT1992 +1
Jonnyban
bertie1967
Simian
neilr
morfis
faddius
ben_wtrs
robsea
greenoak +1
Jeff Spangle
vince31
northcountrygirl
hot-ice

Last edited:
OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Depending when, and probably more importantly where, count me in too. Will be driving down from Leeds so distance is a big factor, and I'm guessing the meet will be a Sunday, so that means work the next day........ Hey, how about a Friday night ?? (Wishful thinking)..... :)
Hi Rich, I'll certainly add you to the list, we're (Darrell and Myself) actually planning on making this a Saturday meet as we are conscious about people having to work on the Monday, it's a shame that the Yorkshire meet has to be a Sunday due to other commitments :banghead: I'm not so sure what the journey times would be like for Leeds to Shrewsbury area google seems to suggest about a 2 and half hour drive...

Name
Rich Robson
Edit My Images
No
Hi Rich, I'll certainly add you to the list, we're (Darrell and Myself) actually planning on making this a Saturday meet as we are conscious about people having to work on the Monday, it's a shame that the Yorkshire meet has to be a Sunday due to other commitments :banghead: I'm not so sure what the journey times would be like for Leeds to Shrewsbury area google seems to suggest about a 2 and half hour drive...
I'll do it in 2 :)
So, date depending I'm definitely interested in this.

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I'll do it in 2 :)
So, date depending I'm definitely interested in this.
Good man, sounds like your like me :) when I see the matrix signs on the motorway saying x minutes to junction y I cannot help but to see that as a challenge to be beaten ;)

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Haha, yes I'm just like that. I also play beat the satnav!! My pb is 23 minutes !! Haha
Race the satnav is an epic game I once beat it by a lot, more than I'm going to post here ;) on a trip back from last years mafia meet :naughty: :police:

Hi I fancy it not sure what I'm doing love a bit of advice from you with a bit more experience is that to much to ask
You'll be more than welcome (y) I'll add you to the list, did you make it to the meet on Sunday in the end, sorry I'm useless will names :(

Edit My Images
No
Yes I was there my names andy all my pics came out dark dark dark
A big disappointed everyone pics look great not sure what I was doing wrong

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes I was there my names andy all my pics came out dark dark dark
A big disappointed everyone pics look great not sure what I was doing wrong
Oh dear, sounds like an exposure issue do you still have the files?

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Subject to the actual date not being too close to our second foray to the lime kilns I'll try and get down Matt.

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Ill monitor this too for the date like I always do. It should be a bit more practical for me to attend as assuming I don't cock anything up I should have 4 wheels and a roof by the end of the month (y)

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Matt

I'm interested as well but I am away for 2 weeks from Friday but will keep a keen eye on date and location (is it local?)

Ben

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Ill monitor this too for the date like I always do. It should be a bit more practical for me to attend as assuming I don't cock anything up I should have 4 wheels and a roof by the end of the month (y)
Wonderful Alex would be great to have you there, I'm hoping to announce the location shortly it should be epic :D

Matt

I'm interested as well but I am away for 2 weeks from Friday but will keep a keen eye on date and location (is it local?)

Ben
Hi Ben, I can safely say it's not going to happen in the next two weeks (y) we will be looking at a couple of months before this meet ;) it's close to Shrewsbury, so not totally local but it's maybe a hour from Warwick (y) though you maybe able to car share ;)

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Count me in as this is much nearer to me than Reculver which my daughter and I loved....

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
If the wind is blowing in the right direction through Atherstone I will be there Matt:)
Nice one Vince, I went to have a look at the venue I plan on using for this meet and suffice to say it will be epic :)

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Date dependent count me in. I'm about an hour's drive from Shrewsbury
I'll add you onto the list then Katie, I think today is the day that I'll announce the location details for this meet (y)

OP
OP
MWHCVT

MWHCVT

Advertiser
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Could you add me, as interested in this meet (obviously date dependent).
Will do Paul, should be in a position to set a date for this meet in the next couple of weeks (y)

Name
Talv
Edit My Images
No
Hi
I'm new to this but would really like to join in if possible. Do I need any particular equipment?