Night time visit to the Warhorse

*really* like that! Where is it?

That's the one yes, Featherstone in West Yorkshire.
Place is literally on my doorstep but have never taken the time to visit before. Will be returning in the next few weeks to hopefully grab a sunrise shot.

Great shot, looks fab at night .ive been meaning to visit this ,definitely will now.

Just stumbled across this post while browsing and I have to say I think this is the best shot I've seen of it. The black and white really suits the sculpture and the viewpoint you've used is great too. I've seen lots of images of this but none made me want to visit (it's not too far from me), but this shot is making me think about going.

Cool shot. Is it already lit up, or did you do the lighting yourself?

*really* like that! Where is it?

sadly, google hasn't caught up with the installation yet... that would pretty much be looking at the entrance gate to it.

Holy thread revival....completely forgot I'd posted this in here, life (and covid) got in the way over the last few years so not much time for photography. Just returned to the forum and the expensive hobby this last week. Moved from Nikon to Fuji, still undecided whether it was a good move haha.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. If I remember correctly it was a 2 second exposure with just the lighting from the ground. Took a while in Silver Efex to get the B&W conversion how I wanted it. Very much an amateur but definitely the photo I'm most proud of out of my collection.

at least google have now caught up...

Screenshot 2022-04-06 170218.jpg

Took em long enough. Wouldn't recommend anyone visits at the minute though, just drove past and its all fenced off for construction work.

That’s cool, be interesting to see your early morning shot :)

Back