Night walk. Milky Way

Stunning, any chance of a walkthrough of your processing? My images are consistantly noisy and have poor definition.

Brilliant capture.
Stunning, any chance of a walkthrough of your processing? My images are consistantly noisy and have poor definition.
This one came pretty good straight out of camera, then some lightroom love: sharpening, noise reduction, contrast and then local adjustments to bring out the highlights a bit more and darken the shadows on the Milky Way.
That's a beauty. Well done.

Thanks a lot! :)

As has been said, excellent(y)

Wow, thats a very bright milky way! Was that in the UK? I struggle to find anywhere in the UK to get the milky way to pop like that!

Im not sure Id prefer it without the person/you there...or at least further away from camera so youre a bit smaller

As has been said, excellent(y)
Great Photo. Where was it taken?
Wow, thats a very bright milky way! Was that in the UK? I struggle to find anywhere in the UK to get the milky way to pop like that!

Im not sure Id prefer it without the person/you there...or at least further away from camera so youre a bit smaller
really good photo.
What settings did you use?

Thank you very much!

Settings for this one were f2.8 for 20 seconds at ISO 5000

Taken near Seaford....I"ll try standing further away from camera next time.

Great image Paul! Out of curiosity, what time in the morning was this taken? I've been thinking of going out myself for the milky way but have no idea what time it is rising now! Did you use any apps to help you discover perfect time and position?

I live in one of the best places on earth for low light pollution and star gazing in deep rural Wales and I don't ever remember seeing a sky like that in my life.

Great image Paul! Out of curiosity, what time in the morning was this taken? I've been thinking of going out myself for the milky way but have no idea what time it is rising now! Did you use any apps to help you discover perfect time and position?

Thank ypou very much!
This was around 3am.
For planning any type of shots, I highly recommend and app called Photpills without a doubt. They even have a Youtube channel with lots of tutorials.

I live in one of the best places on earth for low light pollution and star gazing in deep rural Wales and I don't ever remember seeing a sky like that in my life.
You are right, you can;t see it this clearly with your own eyes, as you'll know camera works in a different way, gathering light for an extended period of time and recording all that information...then it also comes the post processing.

Thank ypou very much!
This was around 3am.
For planning any type of shots, I highly recommend and app called Photpills without a doubt. They even have a Youtube channel with lots of tutorials.

You are right, you can;t see it this clearly with your own eyes, as you'll know camera works in a different way, gathering light for an extended period of time and recording all that information...then it also comes the post processing.

I will give it a go, how long does the exposure need to be roughly do you think

Amazing shot, and great to know that you can get images like this in the UK. Guess I need to haul my arse out of the city hue that is Manchester

Didn't realise this area was so good for the Milky Way - I went down their to photograph the Seven Sisters a few months ago.

Amazing shot, and great to know that you can get images like this in the UK. Guess I need to haul my arse out of the city hue that is Manchester
Thank you!...Yes, you need to get away from cities and light pollution, find the darkest skies as possible.

Didn't realise this area was so good for the Milky Way - I went down their to photograph the Seven Sisters a few months ago.
On nights with the right conditions (clouds, humidity, wind...), you can get good photos around that area.

Back