Nik collection gone

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
I have just started using PhotoshopCC 2020 and I see that the Nik collection is missing from the Filter menu (I still have it in my Applications folder) Problem is when I try and redownload it I get taken to DXO website wanting me to buy it again for $149 bucks.............is there a way around this or do I have to buy it again??
Neil

Save the download somewhere so that you'll have it 'next time' if the plug ever really gets pulled.

I am not sure how you lost access to the Nik Collection. I upgraded to PS 2020 a few days ago and was using Nik Silver Efex yesterday. All of my many other Plug-ins are still there as well.

Whenever I download software/Plug-ins etc, I save them and they are backed up. I then know I can readily re-install if necessary. Of course, eventually it is likely that the original Nik Plug-ins will no longer be compatible with PS but until then I will use them.

Dave

They've added a few things - in version 2 a bunch of new presets, High DPI monitor support, and a basic version of DxO PhotoLab that can be used to host the plugins. 2.3 adds some B&W film simulations. For me it doesn't seem like a compelling upgrade, but there's a demo version to try it out.

My Nik collection didn`t jump over to cc 2020, but all I did, was to copy from 2019 and paste it back into the plugins folder. That worked for me. I remember something similar going from 2018 to 2019 too.

My Nik collection didn`t jump over to cc 2020, but all I did, was to copy from 2019 and paste it back into the plugins folder. That worked for me. I remember something similar going from 2018 to 2019 too.

Yes, old plugins are not automatically migrated, but they will still be in the old PS version’s plugin folder

My Nik collection dates from before Google acquired it

This is odd surely I cannot be the only one. All of my previous 54 Plug-ins are listed and available in the new version of PS cc (V21.0.1). I did just check and the Plug-ins are in the folder for the 2019 version but the new 2020 version must point to those. All of my settings and workspace were also carried across. I do not think that this has always happened but does seem to have been the case with upgrades during the last 12 months or so. Has anyone else had a smooth upgrade being able to instantly use the new version immediately?

Dave

Having downloaded 2020 today I too lost my NIK Collection, although it's still there in 2019.

I downloaded from the link above but when I come to install the NIK Collection, I don't get the option to install to 2020. The three options I do get are PS 2019, Bridge2020 and LR.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can't you copy it from the 2019 Plug-Ins folder to the 2020 Plug-Ins folder?
Thanks for the reply. I forgot I had the option to do that and it's worked just fine.

Back