Nik Collection v2 'upgrade' - worth it?

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I had the free version from Google. I paid the upgrade when DxO took over and didn't see a difference. Just downloaded a trial of v2, still can't see a difference. Think I'll stick with v1, otherwise I will have paid a total £100 for something that seems to do exactly the same (for what I use it for) to what I originally had for free!

Anyone else see a significant difference to make the v2 upgrade worthwhile?

I've had it so long I've forgotten when I first got it, but I seem to recall I actually paid for the first version.

I don't use it much these days, although Silver EFX was my "go to" for mono conversion.
Nowadays the mono conversion in both On1 and Topaz Studio do just as good a job as Silver EFX, and I've been using those.
I don't think v2 has anything to offer me, and I certainly wouldn't pay money for it.

I still use the 'original' Nik software with my CS6 ... I think DXO can be a bit of a rip-off when it comes to 'new' versions of any of their software.
I do have their Photolab 2 which I use sometimes and the latest update (free) integrates with Nik via a dedicated button but ATM I am unsure if it is integrating with my 'original' version or whether it's been incorporated with Photolab 2 ... I suspect the former.

Anyone else see a significant difference to make the v2 upgrade worthwhile?

I paid for V1, even though I had already paid for several of the Nik plugins when Nik owned them, then again to google for the complete set, before they made it free, and because I was one of the few who couldn't get the free version to work with modern versions of PS, paid again for V1 (which works) but can't see me paying for V2.

This is worth watching:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5HeRXqSyKk

Back