Nik Software & New Computer

Edit My Images
No
Hi :)

Ive bought a new PC and duly copied the Google Nik software (original paid version prior to DXO) from the Adobe/Photoshop/Plugins folder onto a mem stick and loaded into the same folder on my new PC. However, NIK doesnt appear in the filters drop down menu on my new PC. Any advice? Im loathed to pay again for it via DXO

Downloaded, installed and working....thank you :ty:

Ive changed my mind......its NOT working at all!!! Yes, nik appears in the filter drop down and yes I can open nik and use the software. But...when I close it the changes arent applied to my image in PS. Any ideas?

When you hit 'OK' after adjusting a Nik filter does anything happen? With my installation (PS CS6, Win 10), the Nik filter window closes when I click 'OK' and I get a progress bar, then the current image in the main PS window adjusts to match what I saw in the Nik window.

Are you closing the software or are you saving the changes to the image? Mine offers the option Save or Cancel from Lightroom.

When exporting to Nik does PS create a TIF file for export, and if so, are you viewing created TIF files?

When you hit 'OK' after adjusting a Nik filter does anything happen? With my installation (PS CS6, Win 10), the Nik filter window closes when I click 'OK' and I get a progress bar, then the current image in the main PS window adjusts to match what I saw in the Nik window.

after hitting OK it goes straight back to PS with no status bar

Are you closing the software or are you saving the changes to the image? Mine offers the option Save or Cancel from Lightroom.

When exporting to Nik does PS create a TIF file for export, and if so, are you viewing created TIF files?

Not using LR, and the same happend is PS whether im using tiffs or jpegs

Not using LR, and the same happend is PS whether im using tiffs or jpegs

The file type doesn't matter - I was just checking it was actually exporting the image to Nik.

OK, so lets check the software is working as a standalone: open a suitable image in the software directly & see if it will save changes. If you're not sure how, I believe you can drag& drop an image directly onto the icon for it to open or right-click & try open-with.

Ive just discovered also that my Redfield plugins arent working either despite appearing n the filter menu

Back