Beginner Nikon 400mm 1.2

Edit My Images
No
My retirement project included buying a Nikkor 400mm 1:2.8 G ED and a gymbal manfrotto tripod.
I've posted pictures on the birds section of an owl and a vulture taken with camera.
My problem is I'm never using it as a; I have 3 big dogs who scare away the wildlife and b; I have a wife who gets bored
much sooner than the wildlife appear.

So forgive this entry to your site please, but can you give me an idea of value and best place to advertise?

Ta

I agree with Bristolian - otherwise, I agree with Mike. eBay is where I sell my gear. Every other weekend they do £1 selling fees, otherwise they take like, 10%

My advice... Sell on eBay for a £1 fee, or more posts and sell on here.. Buy an ultra zoom bridge. I have an FZ82 which cost £120 used, 1200mm. IQ isn't 400/2,8, but it's infinitely better than no 400/2.8
I get to snap the wildlife from afar, beyond the dog's scare zone. Better half uses it as a monocular, it weighs almost nothing. It's cheap enough I pack it with me in the kayak. It turns every dog walk into a wildlife trip.... worth a cheeky punt?

Last edited:
Not having access to the for sale/wanted section yet, (min 30 posts) would it not be better selling on this site??

As a canon user I clicked on this thread thinking I will change over tomorrow if theres a nikon 400 f1.2 haha

Back