Nikon D200 Problems

photo-request

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
i have been having alot of problems with my d200, at first i thought it was a faulty camera that was causing me exposure problems, but it turns out after some net research that there is a known problem with sigma ex lenses and the d200 that causes exposure issues. one min it will be fine then it just does silly things.

Has anyone had a similar problem with the d200 and have you ever had lenses rechipped by sigma, how long does it take ?? and more importantly what does it cost?

I've heard of problems with the AF button the D200 with Sigma HSM lenses - but I don't use that button anyway.

None of my 3 Sigma HSM / EX lenses have had exposure problems with the D200 - but friend has the 30mm F1.4 that does weird things and we think it's a lens contact problem, as it goes away if you wiggle it :D

The only problem with some Sigma lenses on the D200 was the AF ON button.
I had mine re-chipped which took about 10 days, but the firmware update on the D200 has now cured the problem anyway.

after speaking to sigma they say that there is a few problems with the d200 and sigma ex lenses i have the 24 - 70 f2.8 and 70 - 200 f2.8 ex it is an exposure problem, where do i look for d200 firmware updates ? its worth a try

You can download the firmware from here The only problem is you'll have to register with Nikon and create an account, although this shouldn't be a problem. The D200 is considered a Professional camera and as such support is readily available from Nikon.

If your camera was purchased in the last 8 months I expect it's at version 2.0 anyway. I very much doubt it's camera problem at all :(

Perhaps the title "Sigma lens problem" would've been more appasite!

thanks chuckles,

in away your right, it is a sigma lens problem, but only one that appears with the d200. I was going to call it sigma problems, then i realised every make of camera takes them and it wouldnt narrow down my problem.

From another conversation i had with sigma, they say it was common on the d200 with the ex lenses but they happily rechip if in warranty for only £5 so thats whats happend, the lens is on its way today to sigma uk in wellen garden city and hopefully it wont take the four weeks i was told it would

Back