Nikon D750 & D780

I'm presuming the AF speed is pretty good given pigeons are pretty quick.

Have you since found something better?

thanks MIKE - exif probabky is there but I cannot read it !! shortcomings of my knowledge !

I'm presuming the AF speed is pretty good given pigeons are pretty quick.

Have you since found something better?

Sorry not sure what your asking,old age you know :(

Sorry, I was asking how you found the auto focus on the Nikon 70-300, I've just got the Sigma 70-300 and is seems okay, but missed a few so I was wondering how you would rate it or if you'd since upgraded to something else you found to be better.

The 70-300 VR's AF is pretty good. Good enough on a D700 to lock onto and follow the Red Arrows coming towards me and I have a feeling they're a little faster than a pigeon! Oh, they were against the land too, so a fairly cluttered background!

I've been using Anusol but it's not working...

:mooning:

The Doc gave me some of those tablets. Tasted horrible and for all the good they did me, I might as well have shoved them up my khyber pass!

Sorry, I was asking how you found the auto focus on the Nikon 70-300, I've just got the Sigma 70-300 and is seems okay, but missed a few so I was wondering how you would rate it or if you'd since upgraded to something else you found to be better.

Not done much flight stuff with it, I got it for stationery things so dont want to comment and mislead some one,it doesn't feel as quick as the Tamron 150-600 was.

...was - what on earth did you get instead of the Tamron 150-600?

...was - what on earth did you get instead of the Tamron 150-600?

I didnt,i had too much trouble with focus freeze with it,it was with Tamron twice, for a month each time but still did it,ime now having a break from lugging 3kg of gear with me when i go walking,just take a P610 bridge camera.

Lol, fair enough, I used to have a couple of sigmas (50-500 & 15-500) so I know what you mean.

I'll look up focus freeze, I had the Tamron in the back of my mind for the future.

Lol, fair enough, I used to have a couple of sigmas (50-500 & 15-500) so I know what you mean.

I'll look up focus freeze, I had the Tamron in the back of my mind for the future.

It does happen but most owners that have the problem only get it very infrequently,if that had been the case with me i would have kept it,great lens and sharp for the money.

I had the same lenses and only had the 105mm that works on FF.

Bought a D750 (and 24-70) and just sold one of my D300s, and my Tokina lens. No regrets at all.

DO IT :naughty:

I'm almost there. £150 DSLR trade-in until the end of the month (bye-bye D80). May need to un-semi-retire for a few months to justify the D750, grip, Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 and 24-70mm f/2.8, Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 and Samyang 12mm f/2.8.

Plenty of stuff going up for sale. It'll be a shame to say goodbye to some of it, but I guess it's time to move on. Yay!

I'm adding all of your names to my list. Damn the lot of you. I'd almost convinced myself that a D7200 was the appropriate upgrade from my D7000. After all, I've only got one FX lens and I do quite like the Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8, 35 f/1.8 and Tokina 11-16 f/2.8. What would be the point in getting rid of all of my DX kit?

I've spent the last couple of weeks agonising. I've read countless reviews of both the D7200 and D750. I've pixel peeped at every available comparative test shot.

I'd almost convinced myself the only difference was the price and better high ISO performance. And the inevitable expense in replacing the 17-55 and 11-16 with their FX equivalents. That's after I fork out for an 85 f/1.8.

I've spent the last couple of days scouring Flickr. Searching for 'portrait' and 'people' in addition to 'D7200' or 'D750' reveals something rather interesting. Their are significantly more headshots taken with the D750 and, without wanting to appear rude, they 'look' better. There's a certain 'sharpness', an 'edge' that just isn't there with the DX body. Is it the lens? Is it the technique? The ability of the photographer?

And then there are the photographs in this thread.

Damn the lot of you.

My wife will be happy with me selling all of my DX kit given that I generally only use my Oly E-P5 and Ricoh GR these days. It's the bit about buying a D750 and an 85 f/1.8 that I can't quite visualise the likely outcome to. That is, without loud noises and me running for cover.

Damn the lot of you.
Just do it, you'll not regret it ;)

I'm sure I won't. Once I perfect the art of sleeping with one eye open.
Lol. It's worth it ;)

Just stick a D7200 sticker over the D750 and don't say anything ;)

I'm sure I won't. Once I perfect the art of sleeping with one eye open.

0c631-mrbean.jpg

That's nice David, great reflections and you've managed to get some light in the sky.(y)

"The 20mm Nik' lens is very good".:)

George.

Thanks. I need to perfect the settings a little though i think.
That's nice David, great reflections and you've managed to get some light in the sky.(y)

"The 20mm Nik' lens is very good".:)

George.

Thanks George. Is this the new f1.8 version you refer to? Did (do?) you own it with your D800?

The colour depth and clarity are stunning.

Thanks.

The dynamic range isn't too bad, either... :D

Media City UK
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Thanks George. Is this the new f1.8 version you refer to? Did (do?) you own it with your D800?

No the 2.8D lens David, "Cracking" chunk of glass. Still got it and as being a (D) lens it has a manual aperture ring so I can use it manually on my X-T1 giving me a very nice 30mm equivalent.

George.

I'm pretty sure the only reason 'pro' street togs put black tape on their cameras is to prevent their wives from figuring out they've bought a new camera.

Waste of time people still look,and in this day and age wouldn't want to try to cover something up,then point it at people :eek:

Waste of time people still look,and in this day and age wouldn't want to try to cover something up,then point it at people :eek:
I don't get the whole taping the camera make/model up to be honest, why do they do that?

Their was a dispute that Nikon had with its pro a few years ago now,so they cover up their Nikon camera in protest,but otherwise :confused:
Interesting. I just did a quick google search but didn't find anything on the dispute. What was the issue?

I don't get the whole taping the camera make/model up to be honest, why do they do that?
Probably the same reason the very first thing you do when you buy a new car is to replace the dealer supplied plates and take the dealer sticker out of the rear window.

I'm sure the couple will be very pleased with these shots @decigallen , and so they should be. So should you, they are very nice indeed.(y)

George.

Probably the same reason the very first thing you do when you buy a new car is to replace the dealer supplied plates and take the dealer sticker out of the rear window.
Is it???? Can't say I do that either so it still baffles me why they are embarrassed or deliberately secretive about what they shoot with :confused:

Back