Nikon D750 & D780

The G7X looks nice, but it's always going to compare against the RX100. Depends what price you can grab it for I suppose.

I sold my XT1 to move to the D750 - having 1 system as a do it all is impossible. i have the D750 with 35mm f2, 50mm 1.4G , 85mm 1.4D, 24-120 f4, 80-200 f4 AIS. I'm presently hankering after the voigtlander manual focus lenses (20mm, 28mm & 40m, 58mm) and I'm also looking at buying a smaller take everywhere compact, probably an X100 or Coolpix A. The tough decisions of being a camera geek :runaway:

I think I've only come to realise that theres not a 1 system do all... spent ages traipsing around with a DSLR which isn't always fun!

The G7X looks nice, but it's always going to compare against the RX100. Depends what price you can grab it for I suppose.
I've been looking at both. RX100-III is silly money and G7X is very slightly cheaper than the RX100-II. The RX100-II is only f4.9 at the tele end compared to f2.8 of the Canon, and the Canon is wider being 24mm vs 28mm of the RX100-II. These are BIG plus points for the G7x over the Mark II. Being over £200 cheaper is a big plus over the Mark III. I didn't like the EVF of the Mark III as its small as doesn't fit your eye well, and the Mark III only goes up to 70mm vs 100mm of the G7x.

I like the look of the G5x too but again silly money, and I wonder if it's just that bit too big for a take everywhere camera.

I think I've only come to realise that theres not a 1 system do all... spent ages traipsing around with a DSLR which isn't always fun!
That's why I bought the M4/3 system too, but I've since bought he 12-40mm f2.8 so no longer a small package :facepalm: Still much smaller than the D750 with equivalent 24-70mm f2.8 though ;)

That's why I bought the M4/3 system too, but I've since bought he 12-40mm f2.8 so no longer a small package :facepalm: Still much smaller than the D750 with equivalent 24-70mm f2.8 though ;)

To be honest I was quite surprised earlier in the year that the EM1 felt the best compact system body to hold (probably because its very DSLR like..) but having had M4/3 before I couldn't get on with it, the XT1 with a handgrip is nice though, I know what you mean about the 12-40... still saves lugging a 24-70 though!

Not been to the bike show for a few years now, has it picked back up?

It`s pretty mad. Halls 3 & 4. The company I work for is up for the whole 9 days ... Lots of machinery to drool over though ;)

Work is keeping me busy and haven't snapped any decent picture for a while. Still have loads of image to process from the last 8-10 trips (lazy is the best way to describe me)

I was just wondering - how do you guys deal with processing images from vacation and specific events where the number of images is say 200-300+. When it is a few files in one session I find myself editing them quite quickly, but most of the time my travel shots that are usually 500+ in number remains unprocessed.

I know it is personal thing being lazy and all that, but do some of you go through a similar kind of challenge? I recently started processing images from our Austria trip last year and posted a few on the D600 thread, but now I have a feeling my latest Bruges and Ghent trip images shpot with a D750 may remain unprocessed for a while. I will give it a try tonight to process a few and post here.

Jpegs, straight into my Lightroom album. I save all the raws and just process the ones that I think need a bit more oomph.
My last trip out produced 1500 shots, life's too short to sit around at the computerall day, I'm a ( early) pensioner!

Work is keeping me busy and haven't snapped any decent picture for a while. Still have loads of image to process from the last 8-10 trips (lazy is the best way to describe me)

I was just wondering - how do you guys deal with processing images from vacation and specific events where the number of images is say 200-300+. When it is a few files in one session I find myself editing them quite quickly, but most of the time my travel shots that are usually 500+ in number remains unprocessed.

I know it is personal thing being lazy and all that, but do some of you go through a similar kind of challenge? I recently started processing images from our Austria trip last year and posted a few on the D600 thread, but now I have a feeling my latest Bruges and Ghent trip images shpot with a D750 may remain unprocessed for a while. I will give it a try tonight to process a few and post here.
I just process a selection, but always keep the RAWs on external drives just in case.

I'm with Twist on this one, with all the room at the top it looks like the girl's been cropped too much.

Not sure if the middle image needs her to be framed in the middle or if going rule of thirds, on the other side to balance it.

It works for me as is mate. She`s (kinda) looking to the centre anyway ;)

Not sure if the middle image needs her to be framed in the middle or if going rule of thirds, on the other side to balance it.
Definitely works for me as a stand alone image, but I see you've done it as a 3 in one shot on Flickr and as such I do wonder what it would look like centralised so that it balances with the other two?

The clarity of those eyes! Great shot.
This is why I love the 85 F1.8G. One of Nikon's super value fast primes.Even at 2.8 the DOF is quite shallow.

If you see the full image on Flickr, you can almost see me in the reflection of her eyes including the popup flash as a commander that triggered the SB700.

Flickr blocked at work... gggrrrr

Will look when home!

Bruges is lovely, but my Dutch friends just stared at us as if we were idiots when we pronounced it the way all English people think it's pronounced, hah.

I got the same thing from my dutch colleagues and they pronounced in their way - my reply was - 'Something got stuck in your throat?' :p

@JJ! I noticed you are selling your bag and mentioned settled for a smaller bag? Which bag did you end up with to accommodate your D750?

I'm using my streetwalker backpack to store everything at home - then the smaller thinktank im selling just for going out light!

I'm finding my lowepro classifieds AW 160 pretty cool. A great bag for fitting quite a bit of gear in. Paid £25 delivered for it. When i googled it the images made it look massive but it really isn't.

I'm finding my lowepro classifieds AW 160 pretty cool. A great bag for fitting quite a bit of gear in. Paid £25 delivered for it. When i googled it the images made it look massive but it really isn't.
Looks like these are discontinued as I can't find them on the lowpro site, and none on AMazon, although the AW140 is still on Amazon.

Back