Nikon D750 & D780

The guy who invented autocorrect died yesterday [emoji17]

His funfare is on monkey.

Yes, and I've heard there's a place reserved for him in Hull. :)

I'm hoping to click buy on one of these this week. Its my birthday today and the Mrs has given me a few quid towards camera gear. Moving from crop, lenses are going to be my problem.
I have a sigma 10-20 and 17-70 that are my most used lenses for landscapes/kids/general stuff. These will both have to go. I also have a 50 1.4g, 105vr, 70-200 vr2 and a sigma 150-500.
Should I get the nikkor 24-120 as a kit and save towards something wider like the 16-35 in the future. The 24mm end would be the equivalent of 16mm on my current D7000 so im only losing 6mm at the wide end.
Any thoughts?

I'm hoping to click buy on one of these this week. Its my birthday today and the Mrs has given me a few quid towards camera gear. Moving from crop, lenses are going to be my problem.
I have a sigma 10-20 and 17-70 that are my most used lenses for landscapes/kids/general stuff. These will both have to go. I also have a 50 1.4g, 105vr, 70-200 vr2 and a sigma 150-500.
Should I get the nikkor 24-120 as a kit and save towards something wider like the 16-35 in the future. The 24mm end would be the equivalent of 16mm on my current D7000 so im only losing 6mm at the wide end.
Any thoughts?

If you stick with a 24mm then you'll be loosing 9mm. If you add a 16mm then you'll be losing 1mm.

There's only a 24mm 1.4 in the classifieds, always wanted one, bad timing or what, I wonder if the kids will mind skipping a holiday this summer...

Was going to ask if he was interested in a swap for a 24-70 but he says it doesn't balance well on his Df so i'm guessing the 24-70 will make it drop out of his hand. :LOL:

I've decided to play about with the MA for my 50mm, need to test it out to make sure I've made an improvement!

Charlie
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Sorry Minnt, missed the birthday boy thread and the cake! Looked pretty good mate, belated congrats.

That 24 1.4 in the classifieds looks tempting....

If you stick with a 24mm then you'll be loosing 9mm. If you add a 16mm then you'll be losing 1mm.

Was going to ask if he was interested in a swap for a 24-70 but he says it doesn't balance well on his Df so i'm guessing the 24-70 will make it drop out of his hand. :LOL:

I've decided to play about with the MA for my 50mm, need to test it out to make sure I've made an improvement!

Charlie
When I had my 24-70 I used to force myself to leave it on 24mm to get used to the fl and I really liked it. I have always wanted to have just a 24mm & 85mm 1.4. I have the 85mm 1.4d so it is like the 24mm is calling me, I do love my 35 art but I think 24mm would be better suited to how I use it.

Oh, and happy belated, loved the cake pics.

A little too far for something i have no idea about mate tbh. I know you're a fan of 300mm, but would a 70-200 suffice at these kinda tracks?

Yes it's way to far for me too but a lot of SE based teams and drivers have made the journey up for the weekend. I use the 70-200 the most on race days, am going to try the 16-35 next weekend for some up close hairpin shots .

Since we are talking birthdays, thought of chiming in.

I had mine on 5th of this month (another genius Aquarian :) ) Now, the interesting part and related to the D750. My daughter made a special magic camera for me using random stuff like plastic glass for a lens to ribbon for a strap, a viewfinder, flash shutter button using a syringe and so on and most importantly it is black in colour. My D750 has serious competition now.:D:D

My best ever present and a Camera even the mighty D5 cannot beat o_O

Birthday gift from daughter
by Anirban Acharya, on Flickr

Charlie
I could swap you 24-70mm for some Olly gear? ;)
Great pic :)

@snerkler just realised you have a round eye cup. What bits did you buy? I have somehow managed to lose 2 now, the last one somewhere in the house (in 2 rooms!) and i can't find it. Short of supergluing the sodding things on, i'm not sure what i can do!

@anibap that last shot is a booty!
These are the bits you need. Much better in sunny conditions as helps to block out the light.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00007EDYD?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005NPWA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JLM3PA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Brilliant image I love the effect much PS on that? You a sooc image

I could swap you 24-70mm for some Olly gear? ;)
Great pic :)

Haha, it is quite tempting tbh. :LOL: thanks for the list, do you like it?

Brilliant image I love the effect much PS on that? You a sooc image

It has a bit of editing done to it in Lr. I will post a sooc later on. Used a 5 in 1 reflector to diffuse the window light and then a silver reflector to bounce a bit of light back into the front of it. TBH it's not quite sharp so i may try again with something else.

Any thoughts on the 60mm F2.8G macro lens?

Haha, it is quite tempting tbh. :LOL: thanks for the list, do you like it?
The eyepiece? I much prefer it, 'fits' my eye better and as I said helps to block light out. I found on sunny days I was shielding the eyepiece with the original one, no need to do that now. It is a touch intrusive with the flippy screen but it's not really an issue as you can just flip the rubber cup 'inside out' so to speak. I sometimes use the eyepiece like this anyway if it's not sunny.

Lily had it in her head that she could make butter... Using cream. Eh? Not sure where she'd heard it, but once her mind is set on something then it's inevitable that we will be doing it within the hour. So, off we trundled to Morrisons for some double cream. Apparently if you put it in a jar and shake it for about 10 minutes then it splits and you end up with butter and buttermilk. Amazingly it works and it turns out that it's the best butter you ever did taste!

Inspired me to get all arty and stuff.

Bread and Butter

Bread and Butter

And @rookies here is the cupcake shot SOOC mate:

Lily had it in her head that she could make butter... Using cream. Eh? Not sure where she'd heard it, but once her mind is set on something then it's inevitable that we will be doing it within the hour. So, off we trundled to Morrisons for some double cream. Apparently if you put it in a jar and shake it for about 10 minutes then it splits and you end up with butter and buttermilk. Amazingly it works and it turns out that it's the best butter you ever did taste!

Inspired me to get all arty and stuff.

Bread and Butter

Bread and Butter

And @rookies here is the cupcake shot SOOC mate:
Thanks pal just wanted see the processing work. Your brilliant

I never thought I'd use the flippy screen for holding the camera above my head. But I did today. :)

_7509938.jpg

Unfortunately that is not Photoshop skills, my little ones brought it for me like that lol, interesting to photograph though
Lol well that ok then as I though bloody hell

Learning skills here how did you get the rose bright with black background

Learning skills here how did you get the rose bright with black background
Other than the way mentioned another way is to use high speed sync flash to cancel ambient light so the only thing lit is the subject.

Back