Nikon D750 & D780

Just found out that I've won a Canon D30 waterproof camera worth £129 for my Cadair Idris pic courtesy of Jessops.

D750 ftw!!
Congrats, a bit of a departure from your usual luck

Just found out that I've won a Canon D30 waterproof camera worth £129 for my Cadair Idris pic courtesy of Jessops.

D750 ftw!!
Cool congrats (y). I didn't even know Jessops did photo comps :LOL:

D750 ftw!!
Congrats. Expect to see said item in the Classifieds soon to help offset your little but expensive accident

Haha, yeah.

In other news, I keep fancying a change of lenses, but not sure to what. I do fancy concentrating more on landscapes but would hate it if I ended up regretting the move.

I fancy something longer..

Might just have to stick the 70-200 and the TC on more often though. Although, it's not amazing with the TC

Haha, yeah.

In other news, I keep fancying a change of lenses, but not sure to what. I do fancy concentrating more on landscapes but would hate it if I ended up regretting the move.
You live clise to some lovely places for landscape but apart from a bit of motor dont you already do that?so 14-24?;)

Thanks John.

Lol, it was a '#JessopsMoment' comp on fb. The new one offers a Canon G9x or Oly Stylus 1 worth £300+. Typical.
Maybe I'll have to start following jessops on FB, you never know someone could be blind enough to like my pics :LOL:

Congrats. Expect to see said item in the Classifieds soon to help offset your little but expensive accident

Might sell the D750 instead. The Canon looks a little more idiot proof so it should be a winner for me. :LOL:

Where is the pic. Well done

Erm, probably 100+ pages back. :D
I fancy something longer..

Might just have to stick the 70-200 and the TC on more often though. Although, it's not amazing with the TC

Which TC? I was quite impressed with the 1.7x on the 70-200 VR.

Might sell the D750 instead. The Canon looks a little more idiot proof so it should be a winner for me. :LOL:

Erm, probably 100+ pages back. :D

Which TC? I was quite impressed with the 1.7x on the 70-200 VR.

I have the Sigma 70-200 and 2x TC

Haha, yeah.

What you got? What you thinking of?

1. Not a system.
2. Excellent choice.

I kinda get what you are saying but if someones enjoying and achieving what they want even within 20 frames then its probably worth it to them. Why do they need to rattle off 1000s of shots a month to make a camera worthwhile? If someone buys a motorbike it doesnt mean they have to use it everyday to make it worthwhile and that applies to all hobbies.

iPhone is not a system in true technical sense, but for me it is a system in terms of what I shoot, where I use it and how I process my pics. It is all in the mind. Works for me.

On the second point, it is always to each his own and hence we are having the conversation or debate and I think you misinterpreted my point. What works for me, may not work for you or someone else. That is why I said some of us should look back and think. A car takes one from A to B, but if one has a fascination with cars, it becomes more than just doing A->B. So, your point is valid that people should have the choice of what they want to do with their gear and how many they really want even if one shoots 5 frames in a day. I am just saying often most people think they need something and then end up selling them and later buy them back again or the next best thing. It is easy to get confused between affordability and need these days and we all are victims in different ways. Not everyone thinks in the same way.

I have settled down after going through a lot of camera gear purchasing and selling and learnt a few good lessons.

For social events, I don't take my DSLR these days (don't see a point) and if I need to take a shot, I use the iPhone. For gathering with close friends and family I take my D750 with the 24-85 or 85mm and take occasional snaps and the camera does not hang on my neck all the time and most of the time it is a beer or a glass of wine I am holding.

For travel, I take my D750 and 24-85 and do not find it heavy at all. For others, they may have a completely different preference and approach - whatever works.

Just out of curiosity, how many of us who have replied to this thread this morning are employed by someone else and are meant to be working?:p
Not me on the former, but definitely the latter :LOL:

One from this mornings walk with the dogs.

Archie & Winnie by Andy Foakes, on Flickr

That's very nice Andrew, great pose of the dogs, spot on use of aperture giving just about the right amount of DoF, and good exposure giving nice detail in the highlights & shadows.(y)

George.

@minnnt If it turns up in time, I`ll bring the 15-30 for you to play with on Saturday :)

:LOL:

Back