Nikon D750 & D780

I may have to bow out of Saturday unfortunately. The camera repair has hit me harder than i thought. :(

Argh man, that`s a shame. I feel for you mate. Another time (y)

Weather looks mint aswell. :rolleyes:

Sods law ... Isn`t it always that way eh.
There`s always the possibility of a landscape jaunt to be had, up your part of the world, come summer I reckon ;)

Or how about we all postpone, and go for another race day? I`m only around the corner, so it`s cool with me.

Last edited:
Sods law ... Isn`t it always that way eh.
There`s always the possibility of a landscape jaunt to be had, up your part of the world, come summer I reckon ;)

Or how about we all postpone, and go for another race day? I`m only around the corner, so it`s cool with me.

All good with me. I'd like to shoot the BTCC finalé to try and get the low sun on the pit straight.

this image made Explore on Flikr,what exactly does that mean?
As above u da man and now Flickr royalty ;)

Flickr explore is a place where all the (supposed) best shots are displayed. It's an automated system but nobody actually knows how it really works. Faves and lots of positive comments seem to help, but other than that who knows. You actually get some right tripe on there sometimes though, and it seems to go through phases where buses are the flavour of the week :LOL:

As above u da man and now Flickr royalty ;)

Flickr explore is a place where all the (supposed) best shots are displayed. It's an automated system but nobody actually knows how it really works. Faves and lots of positive comments seem to help, but other than that who knows. You actually get some right tripe on there sometimes though, and it seems to go through phases where buses are the flavour of the week :LOL:
lol sounds about right,whats interesting to me,i put it on 2nd may and i didn't bother adding to any groups (have now) and i looked yesterday and there were over 4 1/2 thousand views and i couldn't understand why since it wasn't in any groups,so like you say more luck than judgement,but
I'm happy about it now i know what it is :)

So, thoughts on the Nikon 20mm f1.8 vs the Sigma 24mm f1.4 art??
Bit late on this but for landscapes the Nikon 24mm 1.8G may be a better option than the Sigma Art, which has a bit more field curvature.

If you are only going to have one lens for everything then it should probably be 24mm, but a dedicated landscape lens then I'd take the 20mm?

Bit late on this but for landscapes the Nikon 24mm 1.8G may be a better option than the Sigma Art, which has a bit more field curvature.

If you are only going to have one lens for everything then it should probably be 24mm, but a dedicated landscape lens then I'd take the 20mm?

One lens for everything, there is a compromise of course but I would suggest the 35mm.

David, what you can do is rent the 20 1.8 from Calumet for a weekend and pay only for a day. Try it out for 2-3 days and if you want to keep it Calumet will deduct the rental from total price so you won't loose any money.

If I were you, I won't look at 24 mm prime as you have that fl already.

The 18-35 Nikon is a good landscape lens, but not fast for other purposes.

I may have to bow out of Saturday unfortunately. The camera repair has hit me harder than i thought. :(

I still haven't decided on Saturday, it's 5 hours of driving for me

Nice one Ani` I`m surprised it wasn`t rammed ;)
Thanks Paul. This was close to one of the entrance from Bayswater road, but the main areas of the park was like there won't be a sunny day again this year [emoji1]

I like that alot mate but i think you've pulled the highlights a little too much.
Thanks David. I know what you mean, but I wanted a slightly muted look to make the couple stand out.

David, what you can do is rent the 20 1.8 from Calumet for a weekend and pay only for a day. Try it out for 2-3 days and if you want to keep it Calumet will deduct the rental from total price so you won't loose any money.

I didn't know they would deduct the rental cost from the purchase cost with you went ahead and brought it this on all bodies/lenses?

I didn't know they would deduct the rental cost from the purchase cost with you went ahead and brought it this on all bodies/lenses?
Before I bought the Nikon 70-200 F4, I wanted to try it and went to Calumet rental. They didn't had it stock, but they said if I hire a lens and then buy the same lens as new, they will adjust the rental into the new purchase. Not sure if they still do that, but worth checking instead of investing into something and then not liking it.

Back