Nikon D750 & D780

Hell yeah (y) and much shorted than the VR1 from what I remember.

Yes... Much much shorter...

14896089595_08895227f6_b-jpg.81903

:D

Off to SkegVegas for a few days next week, might try a few seascapes if i can find any decent places. (not holding my breath) :LOL:

Then gonna have a trek down to the Harry Flatters Rally. Should be a good day out i think, especially as i haven't shot any rally cars for a while!

Wales RallyGB - 2015
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Wales RallyGB - 2015

Mid Wales Stages 2016

Mid Wales Stages 2016

Mid Wales Stages 2016

Mid Wales Stages 2016

Wales RallyGB 2015 - Gartheiniog

Mid Wales Stages 2016

I don't do Motorsport, but that 4th one is pretty damn awesome mate!

Thanks Peter. We'll seee how well i fair next weekend. Not holding out much hope but having never been to a tarmac rally before it should offer something different. Looks to be some great jumps and scenery.

Thanks Peter. We'll seee how well i fair next weekend. Not holding out much hope but having never been to a tarmac rally before it should offer something different. Looks to be some great jumps and scenery.

At least you and the camera will stay clean ;)

I kept the hood off my V1 as it fits the V2, the hood on the V1 is significantly better than the 1 on the V2

Surely the hoods are designed for the individual lens and a shorter hood could cause glare etc?

Surely the hoods are designed for the individual lens and a shorter hood could cause glare etc?

The VR1's hood is quite a bit bigger and is very solid. The VR2's is quite shallow and although it's probably not, it looks a little flimsy.

Here's a shot from this morning... Noticed some poppies last weekend and have been wanting to shoot them ever since. Witnessed some stonking sunrises this week so when i saw it was clearish this morning i decided to give it a go. Unfortunately the sunrise didn't really match expectations. Kinda liked this one though, the cloud really adds to the image imo. I used a polariser but wish i hadn't now as it put a big dark patch in the middle of the sky which i've tried to even out as much as i can without it looking worse.

Wisp

Here's my best from a pretty disastrous night shooting the Sheffield Cycling Grand Prix on Wednesday. Between battling with the dodgiest AF system known to man and not finding a very good place to stand I don't think I got a single shot I'm truly happy with, but that's the way it goes sometimes ;)

DSC_1683
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1484
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2501
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2049
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1533 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

[
url=https://flic.kr/p/JXjqx5]DSC_2519[/URL] by TDG-77, on Flickr

The VR1's hood is quite a bit bigger and is very solid. The VR2's is quite shallow and although it's probably not, it looks a little flimsy.

Here's a shot from this morning... Noticed some poppies last weekend and have been wanting to shoot them ever since. Witnessed some stonking sunrises this week so when i saw it was clearish this morning i decided to give it a go. Unfortunately the sunrise didn't really match expectations. Kinda liked this one though, the cloud really adds to the image imo. I used a polariser but wish i hadn't now as it put a big dark patch in the middle of the sky which i've tried to even out as much as i can without it looking worse.

Wisp
Really like this (y)

Here's my best from a pretty disastrous night shooting the Sheffield Cycling Grand Prix on Wednesday. Between battling with the dodgiest AF system known to man and not finding a very good place to stand I don't think I got a single shot I'm truly happy with, but that's the way it goes sometimes ;)

DSC_1683
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1484
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2501
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_2049
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_1533 B&W
by TDG-77, on Flickr

[
url=https://flic.kr/p/JXjqx5]DSC_2519[/URL] by TDG-77, on Flickr

Really liking the mono`s Toby (y) I`d be happy to get anything as near to those mate.
Mind you I tend to swear at cyclists more than try to shoot them ;)

Unless they really p*** you off...

Ah mate. Around here there are so many cycle clubs, and on the weekends it`s a mare to drive anywhere on country lanes ... I had one woman zig zaging up a hill, had a go at me because I was a bit close to her (me in 1st gear ffs), so told her to get off and `kin` push ;)

Does this happen often Toby? Wouldn't mind shooting some cycling.
Sheffield Grand Prix is only an annual event, but there are events on all the time. I only go to the Sheffield one and Barlow Triangle as I'm too lazy to travel ;) I know someone from one of the teams who lets me know when those two events are on, but I don't know when or where the others are exactly. This is a link to the team page, maybe you can track the races from there?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/601797629912235/

Really liking the mono`s Toby (y) I`d be happy to get anything as near to those mate.
Mind you I tend to swear at cyclists more than try to shoot them ;)
Thanks, too kind ;)

Yep I swear at them on the road too, races are fine though ;)

Thanks, too kind ;)

Yep I swear at them on the road too, races are fine though ;)

Haha they`re contained in races, which is good ;)

A shot of my cat Alfie shot with the 70-200mm MkII

focal length - 200mm
aperture - f/2.8
shutter - 1/400
iso - 100

Nice :) I do like a cat pic

A shot of my cat Alfie shot with the 70-200mm MkII

focal length - 200mm
aperture - f/2.8
shutter - 1/400
iso - 100

Very nice shot Billy, of a lovely cat with a great expression, plenty of detail, and spot on exposure.(y)

George.

Back