Nikon D750 & D780

You are so lazy!!
Obviously it was a bit tongue in cheek ;)

It's a time issue as much as anything for me TBH. Working 6 days/week my wife wouldn't be too happy if I kept clearing off for the day on my only day off. A couple of hours wouldn't be so bad ;)

Had a quick 10 mins this morning as wanted to take a snap in her new frock.

28440972241_dc4dc8d1a5_b.jpg

27902274904_3342c2ecfd_b.jpg

I do need to get out of my comfort zone though. Literally threw everything up very quickly and no adjustments made whatsoever: shot, kicked the camera accidentally (thought I'd broken the AF but it's ok) and packed up, all within 40 mins.

Debating shifting my 24-70. It's sharp, accurate AF and the colours are nice, it's just doesn't have that prime look!

The Signa 24 Art looks good, perhaps my next buy!

I best not post aone from my 24mm Art. ;)

Every now and then, my website gives me access to some places I wouldn't usually see! This time, Hidden London and Clapham South shelter, more high ISO shooting; I still can't get over how good this camera is with the noise

Clapham by Nick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here's a bit of a rule breaker, what do you think? the eye doesn't quite line up in thirds. Been meaning to do some close up stuff so this is the 85 with a close up lens attached.

27908056513_23826500b1_k.jpg

And whilst I was messing with that combo, some lavender. I never do this type of thing..

28240410400_ea05c52cdc_k.jpg
Nice, sharpness and detail of the eye is great. For some reason though the picture size is quite large and I can't view the whole pic without scrolling on my tiny 15" laptop screen :oops: :$

Finally got around to uploading a few randoms from my last wedding (wedding number 8). My first with the 35/85 combo, a joy! The weather was absolutely appalling but we made it work with some very, very quick trips outside during brief interludes in the heavy rain.

Can't wait till Saturday, off to Bournemouth for my next one...

Seymours Court Wedding by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

Nice, sharpness and detail of the eye is great. For some reason though the picture size is quite large and I can't view the whole pic without scrolling on my tiny 15" laptop screen :oops: :$

On the phone so can't check, but of late I upload to Flickr at 2048px and share the version half that?

Debating shifting my 24-70. It's sharp, accurate AF and the colours are nice, it's just doesn't have that prime look!

The Signa 24 Art looks good, perhaps my next buy!
If you do decide to sell I'd appreciate a heads up (y)

What are these rules that people talk about?

Andrew, the 24 is basically sex. Sunrise was a beaut this morning, the 24 was in its element.
Rules???

Yeah it was nice, where did you go?

Finally got around to uploading a few randoms from my last wedding (wedding number 8). My first with the 35/85 combo, a joy! The weather was absolutely appalling but we made it work with some very, very quick trips outside during brief interludes in the heavy rain.

Nice images, the kid one is great timing. Not sure about the gate/fence on the last one though.

Anderby Creek.
Ahh yes, you mentioned you were going to the coast didn't you ;) I'm yet to take a seascape, but it's on the list :)

Last edited:

Nice work Chris!

Off to perranporth next month. Can't wait to get the camera gear back out after been working pretty much flat out on our new house.
I do miss the 70-200

I have had this for a few years. Reliable RF upto 100 meters. £16 on Amazon.
Pixel Oppilas RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Release for Nikon - Multi-Colour

(y)

I've had a couple of those in different fittings (and brands) and they do the job.

I have had this for a few years. Reliable RF upto 100 meters. £16 on Amazon.
Pixel Oppilas RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Release for Nikon - Multi-Colour

Using aswell great bit of kit, have found my live view doesn't come on when connected though

any news on the stock availability of the D750 on the high street yet? the distance in price between greys and high street seems to have shrunk a bit?

A few quick edits of a few shots from a few days away. Glad to say that i haven't had to do much to these from sooc. The filter really helps although i wish i had a hard grad also. If i were shooting seascapes a lot then i would definitely invest in one.

1 and 2 are from the first morning and 3 is from the second. It was chucking it down this morning so didn't get to go out.

Anderby Creek
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Anderby Creek

Chapel Point

A few quick edits of a few shots from a few days away. Glad to say that i haven't had to do much to these from sooc. The filter really helps although i wish i had a hard grad also. If i were shooting seascapes a lot then i would definitely invest in one.

1 and 2 are from the first morning and 3 is from the second. It was chucking it down this morning so didn't get to go out.

Anderby Creek

Anderby Creek

Chapel Point
Very nice, colours on the first are great.

Back