Nikon D750 & D780

Last edited:
I do love WA portraiture. Gives a whole other dimension. It would be a good project for you to do mate. You should do more.

I`d actually never really thought about it before, but the shop was small, and the 20mm was on the camera ;) ... Nice guys too (top one shoots Fuji),
Most likely taking inspiration from the Terrance Donavan exhibition at the photographers gallery ...

I got my daughters 16th in September so might hit a few wides at that. Need to use the 70-200 though, as that`s what it was bought for ;)

Last edited:
Bit of a waste of time then me asking Nikon if they could accelerate it through for me as I had a pressing need to get it returned by 21st of the month. They told me to write a note and pop it in with the camera explaining the need for a speedy turn around and they would fast track it if it was possible.
Sent mine of the day after yours and so far all they have done is to lose it for a few days and now it's just showing waiting repair since Friday, hardly fast tracked. Fingers crossed that it will still make it in time but I'm not very optimistic to be honest.

If that's the case I may send mine in as I have a few weeks after this weekend before the deer rut starts.
Hoping to find some Stags rutting too this year. Supposedly there's some very close to me but I've never seen them. Chatsworth's on 10-15mins away though and there's plenty of deer there :)

We could always go back to screen protectors but it seems like we have swapped that talk for recall turn around time.
Keeps you on the edge of your seat doesn't it ;)

One from yesterday night

Milky Way from the Garden by Tim G, on Flickr
[/QUOTE]

Looks like the lens you've got is more suited to astro, I would Definately go as far a 25sec exposure and bump that iso right up to 6400, will get better results.

Moon light is going to make things hard tomorrow night as it's a full moon. Download Lunafaqt really helpful for Lit % and rise/set times.

Looks like the lens you've got is more suited to astro, I would Definately go as far a 25sec exposure and bump that iso right up to 6400, will get better results.

Moon light is going to make things hard tomorrow night as it's a full moon. Download Lunafaqt really helpful for Lit % and rise/set times.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I should have waited till it got darker, it wasn't fully dark hence the shorter exposure. There was also a moon just to the RHS of the Milky Way when mine was taken. Plus I didn't leave my back garden!

Have you tried Sony? :D
Yep :p TBH the D750 is by far the best camera I've used (except the issues I had ;)), I just wondered if the D810 might be more or less a D750 with extra MP for cropping, and a quieter shutter ;) I shan't be considering anything else now,..... until the D750 replacement :D

Back