Nikon D750 & D780

Ditto WWA :)

Family event this weekend and I had things set to RAW+JPEG ....was low-ish light indoors and didn't bother with flash. It's focus lock on was just awesome....not downloaded them to my PC yet as it's currently in bits, but I hope they appear as good as I hope based on what I see in the camera screen.

Last edited:
Ditto WWA :)

Family event this weekend and I had things set to RAW+JPEG ....was low-ish light indoors and didn't bother with flash. It's focus lock on was just awesome....not downloaded them to my PC yet as it's currently in bits, but I hope they appear as good as I hope based on what I see in the camera screen.

You probably know, but in case not... you can configure the ok button so when in replay mode it zoom automatically to 100% on the focus point, it's really useful to check if the focus was properly locked.

You probably know, but in case not... you can configure the ok button so when in replay mode it zoom automatically to 100% on the focus point, it's really useful to check if the focus was properly locked.

Thanks, learnt something new today.

That's useful - and it works on my D7200 too. (Still waiting to get a 750)

I'm so tempted but it would be just for gas purpose only.
I'm not sure I'd use it that much. Mind you I could say that about most of my purchases haha

So I chose to get the Nikon 70-200 F4 and happy with my decision! Much smaller and lighter than I thought it was going to be. Will be out at the weekend to shoot in anger!

The new 70-200 gets announced this evening apparently :banana:

70–200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR

B'waahahahaha. WTF is wrong with these manufacturers ? Do they really think we're millionaires ?

I'm sure the Angry Tog on YT will.

Nah m8, f*** it, i like this 70-210 from 1978 cost me 20 bucks from a boot sale. Yeah of course you do you f***in whopper.
I thought I had a boring voice. Geez he is so boring

And it doesn't even paint like a Fuji does. Pfffft. Useless.
My Fuji doesn't paint anymore. Aperture handles Fuji files much better, no painterly or watercolour effect and the level of detail I can get compared to Lightroom is staggering :)

Back to the price of the new 70-200, I've just seen that the VRII is now £1999 at WEX :eek: Glad I bought mine when I did, and with the £250 cash back :D

My Fuji doesn't paint anymore. Aperture handles Fuji files much better, no painterly or watercolour effect and the level of detail I can get compared to Lightroom is staggering :)

Back to the price of the new 70-200, I've just seen that the VRII is now £1999 at WEX :eek: Glad I bought mine when I did, and with the £250 cash back :D

That's only because stock is tight as its discontinued it will drop like a stone in price as soon as the new version is available.

I tried one when was at Park Cameras last week, just slightly cheaper there:

https://www.parkcameras.com/p/32404...ogleShopping&gclid=CJz1lOKm5c8CFQq3Gwod-z0CVQ

They price matched my 70-200 F4 which was a bonus.

Tried the 80-400 too, what a beast! Also the 24-70 VR. I didn't appreciate how big the VR version actually was.

And it doesn't even paint like a Fuji does. Pfffft. Useless.

I went through exactly the same. I was shooting with a dslr crop sensor and i moved to a fuji xt-1. I liked it but i totally see what you mean by painterly/watery effect. That was the main thing that make me go back to dslr, the second was that there was no long lens at the time for fuji past 230mm. I never really heard anyone voicing this problem before and when i posted on the xt-1 thread nobody seemed to had the problem. I know it was really at a near pixel peeping level but it did bug me a lot.
I saw some complain about LR being rubbish at processing fuji and tried a couple of software, one was photo ninja if i remember well. But at the end i'm stuck with my workflow and I struggled with learning a new softwarr so I move to nikon full frame...

That's only because stock is tight as its discontinued it will drop like a stone in price as soon as the new version is available.

I do hope so all this talk of the 70-200 is giving me serious GAS! Although I'm tempted with the Tamron.....

I reckon by the time I save for the new 70-200 we will be out of the EU and the pound will have recovered enough to make it realistic. So, it's on the xmas list for....2019 [emoji3]

Glad you got it sorted. I did say it was an adobe issue but i wasn't gonna change what software i use. I tried a few other but the UI was awful.
Yep I tried Silkypix, photoninja, capture 1 and irident. Irident gave the best results but the UI was truly terrible, like using software from back in the 90's, not that any of them were great though. Totally forgot I had aperture which I used to use all the time as I generally got better results with this than LR, but then LR upgraded the tools with radial and grad filters etc and I moved over to LR. Plus apple said they were going to stop supporting Aperture which is why I totally forgot about it. Really happy with the results and forgot how good the UI is, there's some things I still prefer to LR.

I went through exactly the same. I was shooting with a dslr crop sensor and i moved to a fuji xt-1. I liked it but i totally see what you mean by painterly/watery effect. That was the main thing that make me go back to dslr, the second was that there was no long lens at the time for fuji past 230mm. I never really heard anyone voicing this problem before and when i posted on the xt-1 thread nobody seemed to had the problem. I know it was really at a near pixel peeping level but it did bug me a lot.
I saw some complain about LR being rubbish at processing fuji and tried a couple of software, one was photo ninja if i remember well. But at the end i'm stuck with my workflow and I struggled with learning a new softwarr so I move to nikon full frame...
TBH I noticed the effect and lack of detail at normal viewing sizes. The strange thing is it's only with certain images, not all. Not figured it out yet but don't need to now that I'm using aperture :)

It's all about the f2.8 :naughty:

Yep I tried Silkypix, photoninja, capture 1 and irident. Irident gave the best results but the UI was truly terrible, like using software from back in the 90's, not that any of them were great though. Totally forgot I had aperture which I used to use all the time as I generally got better results with this than LR, but then LR upgraded the tools with radial and grad filters etc and I moved over to LR. Plus apple said they were going to stop supporting Aperture which is why I totally forgot about it. Really happy with the results and forgot how good the UI is, there's some things I still prefer to LR.

TBH I noticed the effect and lack of detail at normal viewing sizes. The strange thing is it's only with certain images, not all. Not figured it out yet but don't need to now that I'm using aperture :)
Toby is there lens correction with Aperture,i loved it too but cant recall it having lens correction so how do you go about it?

Back